MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I can't receive activation mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when i register to my forum, i can't receive the activation mail.

i heard the problem come from the smtp setting in admin cp

please help me out, what is the right setting for it ?

because i dont want my forum just only instant activation

thanks...
Run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
ive got this message when i tried to run the mail.php (i named it mail.php)

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\mail.php on line 6
PHP could not send the mail

please any other solution ?
Wiki Wrote:Webhost Restrictions

Some webhosts have various restrictions on PHP mail. Some hosts require that the "From" address be a mailbox address on their server. Other hosts may disable the mail function completely. Please ask your webhost if there are any special restrictions they have on sending mail via PHP.

If your webhost has restricted that only mails from there own domain is allowed, try to edit the file inc/functions.php. Look for:

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

and include above: ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
Then it should look like this:

ini_set("sendmail_from", " [email protected] ");
mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

YOURDOMAIN must be replaced by the domain where the forum is hosted.

PM me if you would like me to do this for you.
can anyone help me please ?

i dont know how to receive the message from mybb when people register to my forum ?
(2010-08-08, 10:45 AM)needforspeed11 Wrote: [ -> ]can anyone help me please ?

What do you think we're trying to do...?? Undecided

Go to ACP > Configuration > Mail Settings > Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() > put this in there:

And change the line in the test file to this:

if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))

to:

if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.', "From: [email protected]"))
i did it..

then it showed like this

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\mail.php on line 6
PHP could not send the mail

what should i do then ?
Ask your host if they've setup mail correctly, there's errors on your host's end here.
(2010-08-08, 05:38 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your host if they've setup mail correctly, there's errors on your host's end here.

what do you mean ? do i have to ask the host to open port 25 as smtp port ?
I don't know exactly what they'd need to do as I'm not great with mail but if you're getting these errors, something is misconfigured. This test is separate from MyBB so if the test fails, it's on the host's end.
Pages: 1 2