MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Parse error" when accessing forum directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was planning on running a test site before upgrading my main forums and I seem to have encountered an error. I've searched the forums and none previous posts seem to apply to what I'm seeing.

I get this error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /nfs/www/WWW_pages/jonfu/insideuniversal.net/Forums/inc/class_error.php on line 51

...whenever I try to view anything within the forum's directory, including the install folder. Here's the URL:

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks again,
Jon
Works fine for me. Try reuploading inc/class_error.php
(2010-08-03, 08:57 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine for me. Try reuploading inc/class_error.php

Tried that as well. Downloaded the file again from your website and it appears to spout out the same error.
Did you do the upgrade if you're upgrading a current live site, or installed the forums if it's a dev site?
It's a development directory. My actual forums are still running fine.
Has anyone come up with a solution yet?
Hi,

What version of PHP are you running?

Please read the minimum requirements at [Wiki: Requirements] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Hello Ryan,

I guess I goofed up there. I had been assuming all along that you required MySQL 5.0 or higher. Guess I'll look into that now.

I'll email them.

Thanks again.
Jon

Edit: If you next to me Ryan, I'd buy you a beer. I cannot believe I missed that. Thanks again!