MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have made an update to my problem, please scroll down to the third post. Thank you!

Hello everyone.

I upgraded my forum today, which is located at http://forum.yrea.org.uk/ from the old version to the new version 1.6.

I get the following error when I try to login to the forums:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'

Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM users WHERE username='Chris' LIMIT 1

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help! Smile
I had the same problem and got this reply which fixed it.

Quote:Did you run the MyBB Merge system at one point?

If so, please navigate to http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system and download the latest MyBB Merge System. From there unzip it and extract the loginconvert.php file. Replace this file into the /inc/plugins/ directory on your forum.

Please tell me if this works for you.

Thanks,
Ryan Gordon
Thanks very much for that, that solved my main problem! But there was another part which I forgot to mention in my first post. See the below image? How do I get rid of the bit which is circled?

[Image: 63u5c4.jpg]

Thanks Smile
Just had a check on mine. That bit says remember me. not sure how you fix that. Hopefully support will be along soon. One thing you might need to check though.... I have foiund I can no longer delete users. I'm not sure if it is to do with the same thing, but you might want to create a fake user and try and delete it.
I never knew you could delete users anyway to be honest. Where was/is the option to do that and I'll have a look? There are already a couple of test accounts on my forums and it would be very useful to delete those!
Not to worry about my weird checkbox problem. I have fixed the problem by removing the quicklogin box which has been annoying me for ages!
click on the users and groups tab, then on any user click the options box. the delete command is there.

For that undefined problem you have....have you updated your templates because mine added

lang.remember_me = "{$lang->remember_me}";

to header_welcomeblock_guest but I had some custom code in there so it couldnt do it automatically
I think that was the problem with mine, but I fixed it in a different way now as mentioned above which actually worked better, because before the popup style quick login was distorting my template.

As for the option to delete users - I see this option now, and it deleted the user fine for me!
That's correct - You needed to update your Templates. Next time after performing an upgrade please go to ACP -> Templates & Themes -> Templates -> Find Updated Templates and go through that process.

In fact it would be a good idea to do that right now for MyBB 1.6.
All done Smile
Well, before upgrade from 1.4.4 to 1.6. I had done:
_Switch default template MyBB
_Disabled all plugin
_Switched default language English

Then upload all file to forum dir (not inc/settings.php)
Open browser, go to: install to upgrade.
After upgraded, i same error.

Template default, but same error too?
Pages: 1 2