MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The installer is currently locked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello guy

I'm try to upgrade my forum 1.4.13 to 1.6

when I try to run /install/upgrade.php

I get this :

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue

what should I do now ?
(2010-08-03, 01:10 PM)Bl4ck.b4nd Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guy

I'm try to upgrade my forum 1.4.13 to 1.6

when I try to run /install/upgrade.php

I get this :

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue

what should I do now ?

Navigate to your install folder via your ftp program and delete the lock file there.
If you do not have FTP you can use any file uploader that you used, also just read the instructions Smile

Thanks for using MyBB by the way!
The install folder is in your forum root directory, inside the install folder is a file called "lock". Delete that file.
(2010-08-03, 04:39 PM)travis Wrote: [ -> ]If you do not have FTP you can use any file uploader that you used, also just read the instructions Smile

(2010-08-03, 07:44 PM)Aprion Wrote: [ -> ]The install folder is in your forum root directory, inside the install folder is a file called "lock". Delete that file.
Didn't need to repeat an answer which was given. Rolleyes
(2010-08-03, 07:51 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-03, 04:39 PM)travis Wrote: [ -> ]If you do not have FTP you can use any file uploader that you used, also just read the instructions Smile

(2010-08-03, 07:44 PM)Aprion Wrote: [ -> ]The install folder is in your forum root directory, inside the install folder is a file called "lock". Delete that file.
Didn't need to repeat an answer which was given. Rolleyes

I wanted too point out where the install folder was. A lot of people don't understand this at first.
Do what it says ?

Quote:The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue.

Toungue
I must say I don't know how we could make this error any clearer...
I have tried to upgrade and have received this error:

Error

There is no "lock" file to delete in the "install" folder. Can anyone help me? I have included a screenshot.

Oh, I forgot to add that I am trying to upgrade to mybb_1804
goto your root files > install > lock
and delete lock file