MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just get a white page; nothing loads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Uploaded the 1.6 files, pretty sure I did the chmod steps correctly, removed the lock file. Still nothing when trying upgrade.php.

Fortunately I backed up the original forum directory and the SQL database before the upgrade, so should it truly be FUBAR I can revert. If anyone can help out with this I'd appreciate it.
(2010-08-03, 01:49 PM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]Uploaded the 1.6 files, pretty sure I did the chmod steps correctly, removed the lock file. Still nothing when trying upgrade.php.

Fortunately I backed up the original forum directory and the SQL database before the upgrade, so should it truly be FUBAR I can revert. If anyone can help out with this I'd appreciate it.

Can you post the url to your forum please?
Given the state the forum is in, I would rather PM it. I really do appreciate your help but I would prefer to PM the URL to a reputable user. While I'm sure your intentions are good, the forum is probably in an exploitable state right now. I hope you understand, and it is nothing personal. Grateful for the offer though.
Link to forum...?
PM'd.
(2010-08-03, 02:26 PM)Fluid Mantis Wrote: [ -> ]Given the state the forum is in, I would rather PM it. I really do appreciate your help but I would prefer to PM the URL to a reputable user. While I'm sure your intentions are good, the forum is probably in an exploitable state right now. I hope you understand, and it is nothing personal. Grateful for the offer though.

No problem. I understand that completly.
Can anyone help? Eh, the URL is http://www.outlawstar.co.uk/forums

If not, I'll revert. No huge deal I suppose. Thought I'd ask again though.
Check with your host if there's anything in any error logs.
That's not going to be easily possible. I'm loaning the domain off someone, and then he has to contact the host. It's often more complicated than it sounds but if past experience is anything to go by, it could take a fortnight to get an answer.