MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Virtual PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1 - How do you get it?

2 - Is it worth it? Like, if I download stuff onto it will it affect my real computer in any way?

3 - What are the limits of it?

Thanks guys! Big Grin
Depending on how you do it, it can be good, or not good. If you are using something like VMware or Virtual box, you only can make a machine half of your speed. (running well, without tweaks that is). If you make an ESXI server, and run multiple OS's off of it, and use older machines as terminals, your quite fine.
http://www.virtualbox.org/

It's free, so it is worth it.
No, any malware downloaded whilst using a virtual machine will not affect your computer.
There is no limits.

I know it's not Virtual PC, but it does exactly the same for free.
Mark - Thank you for the statistics. Big Grin

Ibf - Thanks for the link and information. Is the download safe? Just wondering. Smile
Yes it's safe.
Thank you very much. Smile
I just downloaded, but whenever I turn it on I keep getting:

FATAL: No bootable medium found! System halted.

What should I do?

You'll need to setup a virtual disk and then install an operating system on it. Read up on some tutorials you may find on Google. It's hilarious how many people download VirtualBox and expect to open it and have Windows XP running right away, without having a bootable disk or legit serial number. Smile
Oh, so I have to install/buy software like on my computer?
(2010-08-04, 02:20 AM)Modv2 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, so I have to install/buy software like on my computer?

No not really. You just have to make an ISO of what you need. And find the key on the side of your case.
How would I do that? :s I don't know much about computers.
Pages: 1 2