MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How long...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...before 1.4 becomes end-of-life? I wasn't here when 1.4 was lanuched, so I don't know about 1.2 going eol. It's going to be a few months, right?
Yeah, we will release the expected EOL shortly though it should be at least 6 months.
MyBB 1.4 EOL General Support is currently planned for March 1st.

However, come March 1st we will readjust to extend that deadline if we feel it is necessary.
I can live with March. Thanks Ryan, and all the others who are at work behind the scenes Big Grin
I updated tm0 about an hour after 1.6 was released. Don't see what should hold people back more than a month...
(2010-08-04, 02:34 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I updated tm0 about an hour after 1.6 was released. Don't see what should hold people back more than a month...

I'm really paranoid.
(2010-08-04, 02:34 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I updated tm0 about an hour after 1.6 was released. Don't see what should hold people back more than a month...

those of us with huge plugins need to make sure that they are working in 1.6. i spent nearly a year developing my garage plugin and i need to make sure its fully compatible. its a lot of code to test and review.

also, once the large number of posts about install/upgrade of 1.6 drops off, I will consider upgrading.
I will probably look at upgrading to 1.6 tonight, I just want to make sure that the plugins I am using will work just fine, such as the profile design, profile buddies, profile comments and shoutbox. I'm also going to upgrade to Apart 1.6 so I'm pretty excited for that. Smile

I'm waiting for the plugins I use to be updated. Even though most of them are compatible, many developers are adding new features.

Might as well wait and do one big upgrade, than lots of tiny ones.
I updated my forum the next day, in a rush. Because I couldn't help myself.

Now most of the plugins are not compatible, so it's now a waiting game.

Now, when the next version is released, I'm definitely going to wait at least 1 month and then upgrade, if I can help it.
Pages: 1 2