MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 3 merge timeline?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Just a quick one, I'm running IPB 3 at the moment and I'm not a huge fan of the "social networking" direction it's heading, I just want a forum.

Is there any timeline to have a merge system for 3.1?
Currently there is no time-line available. A lack of developers interested in developing on the MyBB Merge System platform is the problem at the moment.
(2010-08-04, 02:18 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Currently there is no time-line available. A lack of developers interested in developing on the MyBB Merge System platform is the problem at the moment.

If you need a developer for the Merge system, feel free to PM me Smile
That's sad, the more I read the more I love the simplicity of MyBB, IPB is getting out of hand with it's complexity IMHO. Understandable though as it's a commercial product it needs to keep adding stuff on.

I'm installing it as a test now for a bit of a play to see if it's what I think it is.

Dawg, I hope you'll be able to help out with it Smile
Just to followup on this, it looks like the only way to do it is to go to VB 3.8 as it's the only system that had a convert from IPB3
If you would be so kind as to wait, I am going to make an unofficial merge.
(2010-08-04, 12:44 PM)zDawg32 Wrote: [ -> ]If you would be so kind as to wait, I am going to make an unofficial merge.

Very Good! Big Grin

But if possible, make it compatible with MyBB Merge System, so maybe MyBB Group can add it to the official Merge System (just like the SMF 2 module by ralgith).
Well, I have been discussing with Ryan Gordon, and I might become a devloper. If I do, the merge system will be the first thing I'll do.
(2010-08-04, 02:53 PM)zDawg32 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have been discussing with Ryan Gordon, and I might become a devloper. If I do, the merge system will be the first thing I'll do.

I Heart you Big Grin
(2010-08-04, 03:09 PM)MaFeSa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-04, 02:53 PM)zDawg32 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have been discussing with Ryan Gordon, and I might become a devloper. If I do, the merge system will be the first thing I'll do.

I Heart you Big Grin

You can express your love with rep Wink

Just kidding Big Grin
Zack, that's great news, I'd much prefer a straight conversion.

I'm sure it will be well appreciated when it's done Smile
Pages: 1 2