MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete All Attachments and Avaters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how to delete all attachments and avaters? Those screwed up in the update.
Define 'screwed up'?? Nothing should have happened to them.
Hi,

Attachments and avatars aren't even remotely touched in the upgrade process. Just FYI. Whatever happened, must have been caused by something else.

Thanks,
Ryan
The uploads folder was wiped, so I need a way to reset avaters and attachments.
Did you backup your files like both the upgrade wiki page and blog announcement said to?? The upgrade script certainly didn't wipe these, there must have been something weird going on when the files were being uploaded.
(2010-08-09, 09:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you backup your files like both the upgrade wiki page and blog announcement said to?? The upgrade script certainly didn't wipe these, there must have been something weird going on when the files were being uploaded.

I never said myBB has wiped anything. And honestly I dont care too much about the uploads, if it got wiped by w/e so be it. I lost no users or anything so Im happy. All I need is a way to reset avaters and attachment.

And no, when I did the upgrade I took no backups. I didn't worry about loosing it too much either since you guys do make reliable software.

offtopic: 200th Post Big Grin
Just set all the avatars to nothing through SQL. You can delete all attachments that way too.

DELETE * FROM attachments;
UPDATE threads SET attachmentcount = 0;
UPDATE users SET avatar = '', avatardimensions = '', avatartype = '';

Run those 3 queries.

Regards,
Jammerx2
Users & Groups --> Attachments --> Find Orphaned Attachments. That will get rid of the attachments. For the avatars you will need to run the query suggested above though.