MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lone Wolf or 2 Man Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When working on a forum, constructing a forum or website, anything. Do you like working in a pair or by yourself.

My whole life, I've worked the best by myself. I don't want to seem like some <snip> or anything, but I can't put up with anyone that doesn't have the skills I have, dedication level or anything. I believe if someone had higher skills than me, they'd feel the same, which I'm sure some people do.

Although, working in partners gives extra feedback, but meh, that's me.

So what's your opinion?
I work faster on my own. In a good 15 minutes I had Rennervate mostly done.
Depends on the type of forum really. Could you handle mybb.com alone? At some point you just need co-admins, mods, helpers, etc. because you can't be around your forum 24/7.

Also, a good forum needs a little bit of everything. It needs to run flawlessly (no error messages, no data loss, no hacks, fast loading pages, etc.), it needs to look good (design), it needs someone who cares about and helps build the community, etc.

If you can unite all those qualities in one person, good for you.
Otherwise you need partners who can take care of some of these things for you.
Frostschutz, I mean constructing the forum, not managing it. Like doing all the set up work, such as theme, help documents etc. Running the forum, I have about 5-6 people working with me.
I honestly would prefer working with someone. They design, I code. That would take a huge load off of me for sure. When I open a real business I will probably look for a partner.