MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: iPhone/Android/etc Touch optimized theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would be really cool to see a mobile touch optimized theme. Using MyBB in my iPhone right now is really tough. Trying to click that little "new posts" arrow lol

Not looking for this a pay job or anything, just thought that for anyone developing a theme it might be a good idea. If it was released publicly I'd be willing to pay $10 or so for it.
Try this for an iPhone/iTouch theme. It works fine.
I have an App in Development that will act much like the IPS App to let you view forums.

Will be handy for viewing forums that don't have that skin enabled, such as this forum.
Hmm, I recently found a ver cool library to optimize websites for touch devices. There were some interesting events like swipe and such. I'll search it again and I'm sure a MyBB theme can give an awesome experience with it (If I was to make the theme, I'd have to buy a touch device first Toungue)
Actually Combus you wouldn't. Android has a virtual thingy. Google Android SDK.
(2010-08-04, 05:13 PM)Josh G Wrote: [ -> ]Try this for an iPhone/iTouch theme. It works fine.

Not bad, but a bit inelegant. I don't really like how it appears as an app rather than a message board. I think it can be done better.
(2010-08-05, 06:40 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Actually Combus you wouldn't. Android has a virtual thingy. Google Android SDK.

Ohh cool, I was kind of thinking in iPhone paid developer tools. But Android is a better way to go, thanks for telling me Smile
Well, I have this: http://crudworks.net/mybb_1413/

I kind of stopped working on it whilst on vacation for a few weeks, did a bit on it yesterday. In other words, I can't really give a completion estimate date. If you're wondering why the colors are so bland-ish and it isn't shiny, it's because it's designed as a generic mobile theme, not specficially for the new phones.
Scoutie, that's actually pretty good. With some skinning I think it could be really cool.
That's not half bad.

I would be happy to purchase it, once complete.
Pages: 1 2