MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating plugins to 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be going over my plugins over the next couple days and creating updated versions for MyBB 1.6 support as needed.

Is there a list of changes somewhere for 1.6 regarding the plugin infrastructure?
(2010-08-04, 02:22 PM)thruska Wrote: [ -> ]I will be going over my plugins over the next couple days and creating updated versions for MyBB 1.6 support as needed.

Is there a list of changes somewhere for 1.6 regarding the plugin infrastructure?

It would help if you posted the list of the plugins you want to update. From what I have read most plugins will need some minimal changes like changing the version number to work with MyBB 1.6. But it really depends on the plugin.
The infrastructure hasn't changed, you just need to make sure things like template edits and database changes still work and haven't been affected by the 1.4 > 1.6 changes. Or you could improve them with the new functions and hooks available to you.
(2010-08-04, 07:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The infrastructure hasn't changed, you just need to make sure things like template edits and database changes still work and haven't been affected by the 1.4 > 1.6 changes. Or you could improve them with the new functions and hooks available to you.

I definitely do have some intricate template modification hooks in place in a couple plugins. I'll definitely look to see what is available.

The database changes I make are minor but I'll keep an eye on those just in case.

Thanks!
I assume the hooks list on the wiki has changed? To incorporate the new hooks Wink
(2010-08-04, 07:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The infrastructure hasn't changed, you just need to make sure things like template edits and database changes still work and haven't been affected by the 1.4 > 1.6 changes. Or you could improve them with the new functions and hooks available to you.

I don't see any new hooks related to template editing.