MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't activate any plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. When I try to activate any plug-in, even the ones that say "Compatible with MyBB 1.6", I get the following error message:

Quote:MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay

Query:
SELECT t.tid, t.title, t.sid, t.template FROM mybb_templates t LEFT JOIN mybb_templatesets s ON (t.sid=s.sid) LEFT JOIN mybb_templates t2 ON (t.title=t2.title AND t2.sid='1') WHERE t.title = 'forumdisplay_thread' AND NOT (t.sid = -2 AND NOT ISNULL(t2.tid)) ORDER BY t.title ASC

Can you help me? None of the plugins that should work, work.
This looks like it is a server issue. You should contact your host.
(2010-08-04, 03:13 PM)bubulang Wrote: [ -> ]This looks like it is a server issue. You should contact your host.

Agreed. This looks like a problem with MySQL Server. It doesn't like the way MyBB Querys the db.

Talk to your host.
Okay, I'm wtfked.
Look at their answer

Quote:Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately we no longer supply 'technical support for scripts' on free hosting customers.

This effectively means that if the issue you are experiencing is not a server / access issue then we are not able to provide free technical support (unless you upgraded to premium hosting).

We would suggest that you go to the main website of the script that your are having issues with, and ask there for support.

So, you tell me to ask them, they tell me to ask here.
What can I do? They won't do nothing.
Has my forum any possibilities?
Just tell them to increase the MAX_JOIN_SIZE value.
They say this:

Support Team Wrote:Hello,

MAX_JOIN_SIZE is a safety catch preventing accidentally running long queries which would hang the server and cannot be increased.

Regards,
Support

What now? :x
Consider switching hosts.

If you want paid, try http://magellishosting.com/

For quality free hosting, try http://lvl8.net/
Just out of curiosity, do you have a lot of themes installed?

(the select is a bit strange either way but meh)
I have 7 or 8 themes.
But that didn't matter.

Thanks to you, Zack, I changed my hosting and it worked perfectly!
I'm very happy as now everything works okay ^^

You can close this thread
(2010-08-04, 05:37 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Just out of curiosity, do you have a lot of themes installed?

(the select is a bit strange either way but meh)

It's the same one we've used for 2 years in the new templates ACP page
Pages: 1 2