MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Safe Mode?? Maybe...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Take a look at the attachment. Getting errors.

This started after I moved the board into the main web directory on my server. When it was in /web/messageboard then admin worked just fine. Is there any simple code changes that would not throw off the safe mode? I run my own servers, but don't have that much experience with nix, so disabling safe mode might be a chore for me.
Ask your host to turn off safe_mode in the php.ini file; That should fix it up
I just found three php.ini files on my server - and, all say safe_mode= off

So now I'm just confused. Haha.
the php trying to find another file and its not there

inc/init.php
Probably the reason why it couldn't find it is because it couldn't CHDIR (safemode restriction)
You are trying to CHMOD into a folder that you aren't allowed access. Try changing the permissions to 755 on the files and 777 on the folders in your site.
I've got all the /admin and /inc to 777, and 755 on all the files but settings and config which are 777.

Is there a mod to the code that I could make to get rid of the chdir and see if it works?
chdir is rather important.
What you could try doing is grouping uid 110 with uid 99... try this link to see how to change your files to certain permissions. I don't know much about UNIX permissions beyond chmod.

http://www.udel.edu/topics/os/unix/gener...roups.html
brandony Wrote:I've got all the /admin and /inc to 777, and 755 on all the files but settings and config which are 777.

I know this is probably a far-fetched solution, but could you try and CHMOD the main MyBB folder 777. If it doesn't work, CHMOD it back to whatever it was before.
I'm going to move this to General Support as this is a server-specific problem.