MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email verification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 503 This mail server requires authentication. Please check your mail client settings. in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\familysupport\inc\functions.php on line 194

I get this error everytime someone registers. I must be blind because I can not find where to put the password for the smtp account I am using for email in the above file. Nor can I find the correct PHP command line to put it in PHP.ini . Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for the reply's Rolleyes

Made my desission a little easier. I was trying to decide between mybb, phpbb, and simple machine... I'm now down to phpbb and simple machine.
First of all your question is a server configuration issue and not a MyBB one. If you want to use a SMTP server that requires authentication you have to change the mymail function in the file inc/functions.php. More information can be found here.
I think you should be able to set what smtp server mybb uses. Alot of free Apache/PHP/MySQL servers do not have smtp server avaliable.