MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: V1.6 issues - some on upgrade, some static
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just upgraded, and had a few issues on upgrade that are fyi only, and one that persists that i need help with but i think is a bug.

Upgrade issues
first, when the upgrade completed, going to the forum url gave a error saying the install directory was still there, that i should delete or add a lock file. there was a lock file created as part of the upgrade process (i checked). when i deleted the install directory that cured it. fyi

second, when taking the forums off line, then copying v1.6 files over the old files, i got a error when attempting to view the forums instead of a 'forums closed' announcement. not sure what this was about, but the upgrade went pretty fast so it wasnt a big deal. another fyi

third; many templates needed to be reverted to original (manually) even though i didnt change any myself. i suspect this was due to some plugins i used - but all the plugins were uninstalled prior to the upgrade, so who knows.

Bug
i have a few custom profile fields used for signing up for the forums. 4 are showing up 2 are not. trial and error shows me that any custom profile fields that are not 'required' dont show up. if i change them to required they show up, change back and they dont show up. i tried deleting/recreating them, same result. fyi.

thanks,

mark

[edit] i just found the file verification feature; all the files are fine except the install ones are missing (no surprise) and the inc/functions_upload.php file says it is changed; but i compared it to the original, and it is identical. so i overwrote it with the original just to see what would happen, and it still says changed; another bug?
(2010-08-04, 06:29 PM)markg Wrote: [ -> ]second, when taking the forums off line, then copying v1.6 files over the old files, i got a error when attempting to view the forums instead of a 'forums closed' announcement. not sure what this was about, but the upgrade went pretty fast so it wasnt a big deal. another fyi

What was the actual error...??

(2010-08-04, 06:29 PM)markg Wrote: [ -> ]third; many templates needed to be reverted to original (manually) even though i didnt change any myself. i suspect this was due to some plugins i used - but all the plugins were uninstalled prior to the upgrade, so who knows.

If they were unable to undo the edits they made, the template would remain edited.

(2010-08-04, 06:29 PM)markg Wrote: [ -> ]Bug
i have a few custom profile fields used for signing up for the forums. 4 are showing up 2 are not. trial and error shows me that any custom profile fields that are not 'required' dont show up. if i change them to required they show up, change back and they dont show up. i tried deleting/recreating them, same result. fyi.

Only required ones show on the registration form. It's always been like that.

(2010-08-04, 06:29 PM)markg Wrote: [ -> ]i just found the file verification feature; all the files are fine except the install ones are missing (no surprise) and the inc/functions_upload.php file says it is changed; but i compared it to the original, and it is identical. so i overwrote it with the original just to see what would happen, and it still says changed; another bug?

Could be an error with the checksum, other people have reported that file says it's edited too.
(2010-08-04, 07:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-04, 06:29 PM)markg Wrote: [ -> ]i just found the file verification feature; all the files are fine except the install ones are missing (no surprise) and the inc/functions_upload.php file says it is changed; but i compared it to the original, and it is identical. so i overwrote it with the original just to see what would happen, and it still says changed; another bug?

Could be an error with the checksum, other people have reported that file says it's edited too.

I'm confirming this.
Actually no I know what this is, the file had a minor change made to the main download. If you download again and replace it it should work.
Ah, thanks Matt. Big Grin
(2010-08-04, 07:18 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-04, 07:14 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm confirming this.

It's not a bug. The file was actually updating this morning to resolve a minor/rare issue that caused warnings to display while uploading an attachment in certain server configurations.
Thanks for the quick response.

the error on the 'forum closed' - i dont remember, it was a red/sql one, but i didnt pay attention to it because the update removed it quickly; i opened the forum on another computer to see if the 'closed' message worked while it was updating. it updated a minute or two later, so i didnt record it. sorry.

the functions_upload.php error was fixed by a new download and file replacement.

the install files; i re-copied them over (due to the list of errors in the file verification, telling me they were missing), created a file named 'lock' in that directory and it now works properly. but it had a file named lock in the directory before so im not sure what this was about.

the custom profile fields; i didnt realize it was always like that, so i guess it works properly. but i would prefer to have all the fields show up when you register, perhaps with a tag that shows required/optional.

anyways, thanks! it works great.

mark
(2010-08-04, 11:42 PM)markg Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response.

the error on the 'forum closed' - i dont remember, it was a red/sql one, but i didnt pay attention to it because the update removed it quickly; i opened the forum on another computer to see if the 'closed' message worked while it was updating. it updated a minute or two later, so i didnt record it. sorry.

the functions_upload.php error was fixed by a new download and file replacement.

the install files; i re-copied them over (due to the list of errors in the file verification, telling me they were missing), created a file named 'lock' in that directory and it now works properly. but it had a file named lock in the directory before so im not sure what this was about.

the custom profile fields; i didnt realize it was always like that, so i guess it works properly. but i would prefer to have all the fields show up when you register, perhaps with a tag that shows required/optional.

anyways, thanks! it works great.

mark
That lock file is left after the installer completes. It's only purpose is to keep haxorz and script kiddies out of the installer.
(2010-08-05, 01:22 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]That lock file is left after the installer completes. It's only purpose is to keep haxorz and script kiddies out of the installer.

i understand the function, but the forum complained it wasnt there after the upgrade; when i checked it was there. so i deleted the install directory = fixed.

but then the verify files feature complained about all the missing 'install' files, so i copied them back, and manually added a lock file. then it worked.

so im not sure why it worked the second/manual time but not the original time, when the lock file was present both times.
Could be that that your FTP just needed to be refreshed. It probably wasn't actually there.