MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have this error when I upload pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I pres the Add Attaschment button it's given me this error on the top of the page:

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] finfo_open() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given - Line: 536 - File: inc/functions_upload.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_upload.php 536 finfo_open
/newthread.php 154 upload_attachment
Warning [2] finfo_file(): supplied argument is not a valid file_info resource - Line: 537 - File: inc/functions_upload.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_upload.php 537 finfo_file
Warning [2] finfo_close(): supplied argument is not a valid file_info resource - Line: 538 - File: inc/functions_upload.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_upload.php 538 finfo_close

How can I solve this problem, I upgrade 1.4.13 to 1.6 apear only the forums which I upgrade it.
Download MyBB 1.6 again and upload a new copy of ./inc/functions_upload.php; the package was updated with a minor bug fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I dwd a new version of 1.6 an upload the file function_upload.php but the same error Sad((
Warning [2] finfo_open() [function.finfo-open]: Failed to load magic database at '/usr/share/misc/magic'. - Line: 536 - File: inc/functions_upload.php PHP 5.2.13 (Linux)
Hi,

Your host has incorrect configured the finfo (fileinfo) extension in PHP.

Please ask them to configure it properly or otherwise disable it so it won't interfere!

Thanks,
Ryan
I solve the problem with my host but they didn't say anything more...
thanks for your greate support