MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL errors when restoring database backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to restore a database backup from an old MyBB 1.4.10(?) forum using phpMyAdmin (so I can merge it into a 1.6 forum later on). Unfortunately, I keep getting MySQL error 1064:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''uid','ipaddress','dateline','module','action','data') VALUES ('1','*' at line 1

*I removed the IP for privacy reasons

I'm not sure why this is happening. I haven't modified the backup and I can't spot anything wrong wrong in the line.

This is all being done under XAMPP so I cannot post a link to my forum.
There was a bug in MyBB at some point that used the wrong quote character I think.

You have to replace the ' before VALUES with i.e. should beuid,ipaddress,dateline` instead of 'uid','ipaddress','dateline'

You could do it with some search&replace foo in a good editor, but there also was a script somewhere that fixed this quote issue for you - but I don't find the script anymore at this moment.
(2010-08-05, 11:20 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go: http://community.mybb.com/thread-61405.h...ght=backup

Smile

Thanks a lot Big Grin