MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why, Microsoft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I had to explain to someone today what the "Start button" is. Removing the "Start" text from the button in Vista+ was a stupid decision.
I think it was a good idea Wink why call it the "start" button?
(2010-08-05, 07:59 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was a good idea Wink why call it the "start" button?

Because now there's no real name for it. I have to call it the "orb button" for people to know what the hell I'm talking about.
"windows button" Wink
"menu button"? Wink
(2010-08-05, 07:59 AM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was a good idea Wink why call it the "start" button?

Because it used be called that as you would go there to start any programs.
(2010-08-05, 08:02 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I have to call it the "orb button" for people to know what the hell I'm talking about.

I just tell people to press the windows key on their keyboard. Problem solved. Toungue
(2010-08-05, 11:41 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]

Because it used be called that as you would go there to start any programs.

Yes, but this isn't the case in terms of modern computing.

After using Mac OS X for so long, I don't even understand the need for that button in the first place, but oh well.
I know was just saying that's why and it's hard to get rid of something has become standard with your system since windows 95. Although it is kind of interesting when you think about it. I mean 3.1 was just a window where you selected your programs (which Mac and now KDE are moving towards it seems).
In Windows 7 it still says start when you hover over the button Shy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9