MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But are your individual SMF tables encoded as such? And have you verified that SMF is inserting the data into them as utf8? That may be the problem right there. If the db/tables are in utf8, but SMF is inserting in say... latin1... then its not going to work right for the Merge System.
All SMF and MyBB tables are utf8_general_ci.
The only two tables that are in latin1_swedish_ci are SMFAds.
Hmm. I'm running out of ideas here. lol.
I'm still wondering if SMF is inserting the data as latin1 even though the tables are in utf8.
I've similar problems with SMF2rc2..
(2010-09-01, 07:00 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still wondering if SMF is inserting the data as latin1 even though the tables are in utf8.

SMF at the beginning of the installation offers these options:

[Image: snap1yc.th.jpg]

I have to check UTF - 8 or this text

[Image: snap3kt.th.jpg]

gives the following result in the database

[Image: snap2p.th.jpg]

Also, recall that I worked a conversion through of phpBB and phpBB was not broken text. When I converted phpBB to MyBB, breaks the text appeared in the same place as in the direct conversion of SMF to MyBB.
(2010-09-02, 11:14 AM)DarkJ Wrote: [ -> ]I've similar problems with SMF2rc2..

More people with the problem occur in the conversion when using UTF-8. Follow the development of version 1.4 and then I was first reported here. The problem was in incorrect display of characters from the Serbian language (љњшђчћжџ šđčćž). Then I was testing with a fresh SMF forum with only one topic and one message. I thought the problem was solved but I was wrong. When I tried to convert my forum, the problem occurred again. If I remember well, the like problem was with the Greek, Persian language.

At this point, I do not know what the problem is. One topic I get a message which is one with the correct characters and the other does not. Or, all characters are good but the text ends.
(2010-09-02, 02:58 PM)Scler Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-02, 11:14 AM)DarkJ Wrote: [ -> ]I've similar problems with SMF2rc2..

More people with the problem occur in the conversion when using UTF-8. Follow the development of version 1.4 and then I was first reported here. The problem was in incorrect display of characters from the Serbian language (љњшђчћжџ šđčćž). Then I was testing with a fresh SMF forum with only one topic and one message. I thought the problem was solved but I was wrong. When I tried to convert my forum, the problem occurred again. If I remember well, the like problem was with the Greek, Persian language.

At this point, I do not know what the problem is. One topic I get a message which is one with the correct characters and the other does not. Or, all characters are good but the text ends.

The text ends in your posts only if deactivate the auto correction of utf8 characters in the convert plugin?
I'm trying to find a sort of scheme..
I'll work more with the database I was given to correct this. If I can nail down the issue I can fix it. But until we know whats causing it, there isn't much that can be done. Keep the information coming though, ya never know what little nugget might end up being the kernel that leads to knowledge.
Pages: 1 2