MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a Technical Admin and help w/another project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I own http://www.pitbullhappeningsforum.com/index.php We're a Pit Bull Education, Awareness forum, in short, educating the uneducated about Pit Bulls. What I need is a special Admin that can help me with the technical issues with myBB as I'm pretty new at administrating a forum and with myBB. Your knowledge about Pit Bulls is not necessary. What's necessary is your knowledge with myBB, coding, html, themes, templates, plugins, cpanel/ftp, etc.... and at the same time, you'll learn stuff about "Pit Bulls" Wink

Another project I'm trying to accomplish (and now I'm really going to sound like an idiot) is I've been trying to figure out how to add more pages to the Forum.

Long story made short... I own another website http://www.pitbullhappenings.com/ It's being hosted by webs.com and I have the premium enhanced package. Renewal is coming up very fast, I believe it expires on Sept 1st. I don't want to renew since I have the forum website with myBB (falls perfectly in my budget Wink ) I do however, want to keep the domain name that way I can have both domain names going to the same place. Which is why I need new pages created for my Forum ie: Home, Chat Room, Support/Donation?, etc...

Please let me know if you're the one to help out. It's for a good cause. I'm involved in my local pit bull rescue group which is not for profit. I'm not in educating the public to make a profit. I'm in this for the dogs! Smile

Please let me know how to accomplish the goals... I also have an idea for my theme too but I want to accomplish the above first then work on my themes. Thanks in Advance!! Smile

oh just to add I'm using myBB 1.4.13
Please post here or PM me... Ask anything if you need/want to know more

Thanks again! Smile
I'm interested in helping out. I own 2 Pit-mixes myself and ran a Pit bull website for a short time (I can provide the custom forum theme if you would like to use it).
Where are you located? The website mentions the Tampa Bay area in Florida. I'm located near St. Petersburg and travel to Tampa at least twice a week for class. Wink
really? That's cool!! I'm in Pasco County so not too far from Tampa and St. Pete.. I say Tampa Bay Area usually because if I say Pasco people are like "huh?" Lol

I mainly need a Tech Admin to help me with all this technical stuff.... I'm a complete n00b and learning all this html and php and coding and everything else myBB and I really feel overwhelmed.

I use both Filezilla and cPanel I'd really appreciate the help... I don't know how many times I've broken my forum :/

please email me with anything I need to do to make this happen!! Owning Pit Bulls is a big plus too Wink I love those dogs, I just wish people wouldn't look to the media for facts because you won't find the facts there and not to mention getting the misinformation from people who just don't know Sad It's truly sad! Humans are the problem and always will be the problems...

Anyhow, shoot me an email at [email protected] whenever it's convenient for you and we'll discuss more precisely what I'm trying to do.

adding the new pages like the "Home" page, and other pages are kind of priority and then getting my main website domain pitbullhappenings.com renewed and redirected to pitbullhappeningsforum.com is really my priority... I don't want to renew the main website with webs.com... I can't afford too Sad

Thank in Advance!! Smile
Oh, here's a link to a demo site I have setup. It's using the custom Pit bull/Florida theme I purchased: http://demo.jmd.cc/
oh that's a cool theme! Smile

The theme I was hoping to have made though I wanted more to be Patriotic... since I'm a huge Patriot of our Country (not to be confused with our Government Wink ) Lol and since the American Pit Bull Terriers were once known as the America's Family Dog of Choice Smile

So, I was thinking the back ground should be of an American Flag, then the Forum title bars unknown and as for the posts and threads area I think the back ground should stay white?? Ideas welcome!! ??
**background to Forum should a Waving American Flag similar to the one in my logo less the Bald Eagle and APBT Wink
Sent you an e-mail. I'll be heading back to bed now so if you reply I'll see it in a few hours. Wink
Great I'm fixin' to head to work but also will be back in a couple to few hours Wink Lol