MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin section not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
plugin section not working . when i click on the check of update function i get messages asking me to download php file and when i try to activate a plugin i get message asking me download that plugin file
please help me Blush
Tried a different browser?? It shouldn't be prompting you for anything like that.
(2010-08-05, 04:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Tried a different browser?? It shouldn't be prompting you for anything like that.
Tried a different browser i am able to activate plugin but still i am getting .XML to download when i try check for update

What are your files chmod'd to? Sometimes it randomly lets you download files out of nowhere. Is this happening anywhere else on your site?
(2010-08-05, 05:22 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]What are your files chmod'd to? Sometimes it randomly lets you download files out of nowhere. Is this happening anywhere else on your site?
it only happens in plugin update and by mistake i posted it in 1.4 support section instead of 1.6 . please move the thread and accept my apologies
(2010-08-05, 05:28 PM)ancraz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-05, 05:22 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]What are your files chmod'd to? Sometimes it randomly lets you download files out of nowhere. Is this happening anywhere else on your site?
it only happens in plugin update and by mistake i posted it in 1.4 support section instead of 1.6 . please move the thread and accept my apologies

What plugins are you using?
If you are going to some pages and being asked to randomly download a php file, then likely your host has severely misconfigured their servers.

Happens on sites hosted on hosting24.com and 000webhost.com. Get another host.