MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Question] Group badges and multiple membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I have the wrong place or am asking a stupid questions then I apologise in advance.

I'm testing MyBB 1.6 with no modifications. I've also been through the wiki, google and looked around this forum for answers with no luck so far.

I've never used MyBB before but am considering it for a forum I'll be running in the very near future. I like just about everything it offers but there is one thing that I am unsure about.The forum is required to let people to have membership to multiple groups at the same time.

That seems simple enough from my test forum, and so do the badges that can be attached to each group though I haven't quite worked out how to do that yet. The image attached to the group doesn't currently show up but that might just be my test server acting up. This one I'm confident I'll figure out tomorrow.

Ideally though I'd like to be displaying multiple badges for people that are members of several groups. Is this currently possible and its just something I've missed or do I need to do something else? As long as it is possible that is enough to know. If someone can walk me slowly through doing it if it requires editing then I'd be very grateful or if they can just show me what I'm missing.

"Example,

Gary is part of the Earth faction,
Linda is part of the Space faction,
Bob is part of both,

I'd like each faction to have a small 20px icon shown in the profile of each post, Bob would have both while Linda and Gary would have one each."

I'm completely new at this and while I'm working most of it out by myself this one bit alludes me. I think there was such a modification for 1.4 but I'm unsure. I'll keep looking and testing things but I think this one would be faster to ask about.

Thank you for your time,
There was definately a plugin for this for 1.4, whether it's compatible with 1.6 or will be updated I don't know. Smile
Do you know what it was called or where I can find it?
/Moved to 1.6 support.
Thank you very much, the latter works just fine on 1.6

Only change that needs to be made is for them to line up horizontally rather than vertically. I think I can make that change without too much trouble.

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum but I didn't really see it as a problem as much as a ponderment.

I'll be uploading MyBB to my server in a day or two.

Thanks again.