MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: any shoutbox or chatbox for Mybb 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is my request to you all
that plz make a new shoutbox for mybb 1.6
because no one is here any professional type
all have bugs,
take a look at the plugins forum and use spicefuse,, Then edit the plugin file and change the mybb version compatiblity from 14 to 16.. Big Grin
All you need to do to make a plugin compatible is change the compatibility indicator. Only a very small handful won't work after that.
(2010-08-06, 04:38 AM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]take a look at the plugins forum and use spicefuse,, Then edit the plugin file and change the mybb version compatiblity from 14 to 16.. Big Grin

I tested spicefuses's shoutbox on 1.6. i say it works perfectly
Hell, I have an edited 1.2 Shoutbox running on my 1.6 test forum. Fits in a side box, very retro Smile
MyShoutbox works like a charm on 1.6, too. Wink
Agree that Spicefuse's shoutbox seems to run ok on a 1.6 installation post-compatibility change.
(2010-08-07, 12:03 AM)flick Wrote: [ -> ]Agree that Spicefuse's shoutbox seems to run ok on a 1.6 installation post-compatibility change.

How do I do a compatibility change?
Open plugin file and find:
"compatibility" => "*"
or similiar and change it to:
"compatibility" => "16*"
Got it. Quick question. It says to place <sf_shoutbox> next to header, but I can't get it to show up. Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 2