MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I enable post ratings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering, as it says the "reputation" and "post rating" were the same thing, how do I enable it so people can rate each others post? (As in thumbs up/thumbs down?)
It can be done for each others post,try rating somebody's else thread.
and with 1.6 some icons and features only showup with new themes, as the older ones(themes) had no space or idea for them.

To add reputation click on 0 after reputation and then you will be taken to that users profile, there click rate user and then you know what to do Wink
Right, but I want to rate the post itself. There's a site running mybb that had that feature, but for some reason it's down right now so I can't link.

Interesting. You know where I can get 1.6 themes?
This is a nice theme for 1.6 with all the features and even more

http://mods.mybb.com/view/ajdija-com-v3-public
All right, thanks.

Still wish I could figure out how to rate posts inside the threads.
I have made a number of modifications that allow users to rate posts and display the post repped for and a link to it in the reputation details page. My modification also changes the number of reps a member can give from a usergroup setting to a percentage of the members total reps, like it works in vBulletin.

It requires numerous template edits, and changes to the reputation.php file. Acutally it's easier to just replace reputation.php with my file, which also prevents members from repping the same member repeatedly and requires them to rep 5 other members before being able to rep the same member again.

If you want a list of edits required and a copy of my reputation.php let me know and I"ll dig up a list of all the edits required and post them.
To rate an actual post you'll need a plugin. Current functionality is rating a user for a specific post.
Thanks James. I don't know if I'm asking for much, but is there another plug in that adds the post rating to the reputation like this website here.

http://www.immortaltechnique.co.uk/Threa...r-username

See they have a thumbs up and down by "Reputation" and I would like to do something similar for my forum. Is this possible or not?