MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to install new themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello..
I am new to mybb.. I have just tried to install a new theme via the admin CP, only to get this error: MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.

All my permissions are correct. I use nginx so to make sure it wasn't my server I switched apache, only to get the same error.

Any ideas?
Don't upload it to the server. Import it by the tab that says "Import theme"
Did you try another theme? And you uploaded all the theme files to the proper directories?
(2010-08-06, 09:15 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try another theme? And you uploaded all the theme files to the proper directories?
I did use the "import theme" function in the admin cp.. Yes I have tried multiple themes. Same result each time.

Are you sure it's a mybb theme and not a phpbb3 theme?
did you also upload the theme to your server?

you have to upload it to the map images

grtz
erigo19
Ok let me re-canvas this..
I only attempted to use the "import theme" option in the admin CP.. **NOT VIA SHELL OR FTP**
Next off it was downloaded from the mybb website, I downloaded about half a dozen themes, but none of which will install.
Ok I sorted out the problem.
I was trying to upload a zip file. I did never think in my wildest dreams I would have to unzip the archive on my pc before uploading to the server.
First, you can't upload .zip's directly via the import theme method. You need to decompress these files, upload the relevant files to your server in the Upload folder.

After that, import the .xml file in the theme folder via the acp.
Even after clicking "ignore compatability"?
1. Try re-download the theme.
2. Are you importing a nulled theme?
3. Upload the .xml file, not the zip file
4. Try re-install MyBB?
Pages: 1 2