MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.6.x] Fix Editor & TextArea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
thanks succes Big Grin
I've been having this problem (in the sig sections of the UCP and MCP to be exact) as well, and it's quite an eyesore for me.

(2011-02-24, 02:01 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]I just changes the textarea columns in new threads and new replies to 100 (70 was the default)

After reading the whole thread, I opted to use the suggestion posted above (I changed the textarea cols from "70" to "90" in both usercp_editsig and modcp_editprofile templates), and I've had no problems so far. Smile
My issue with the textarea, is that most modern browsers allow you to resize the textarea to suit your needs. I do this myself all the time when I am writing a long post, however with myBB the elements surrounding the text area do not adjust to a resized textarea. When using the Quick Reply, resizing the text area works as one would expect, however not if you are doing a full reply etc.

Any insight as to what would be the best way to have the elements surrounding the text area adjust to accommodate any change to the textarea size would be appreciated.

Thanks
There is a way to edit textarea width without editing editor.js?
If I edit editor.js then settings don't fit every theme.
Thanks NNT_, you fixed my problem.
Yaldaram referred me to this thread for support.
I've edited the javascript editor.js as described and even tried changing the quickreply template text area to set width and height values and is not working.. text area is still resize-able in both quickreply and newreply. I'm using 1.6.7, could someone update this or Alan.. could you share directions on how you made it work please? I'd much rather just edit css then the javascript file itself.
(2010-08-12, 12:16 AM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-09, 11:21 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Because i can tell you 100% that editing the css or templates wont give you the same result.

Really?

EDIT:
LeeFish Answered my question in this thread

but here:
(2012-05-18, 10:13 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]To get rid of the resize thing you can disable it
in your css
textarea#message {resize:none;}
(2010-08-06, 01:11 PM)Warmonger Wrote: [ -> ]If your like me you'd hate for your forums to not look half way decent.

That worked perfect, thankyou. But why is it like that in the first place? <snip>
(2012-05-21, 02:40 PM)RBlack912 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-06, 01:11 PM)Warmonger Wrote: [ -> ]If your like me you'd hate for your forums to not look half way decent.

That worked perfect, thankyou. But why is it like that in the first place? <snip>

There's no need to use that wording.

I don't have a local copy of MyBB 1.4 but I'd assume it was due to changes to the editor during the MyBB 1.6 development.
My regular editor is fine but it's just the text editor for quick reply Private Messages that hangs like this. Do I still do the same fix?
I was having the same issue as listed in the original post, and was referred to this thread by Johnny S for some assistance.

I've done everything listed in the original (even downloaded the original editor.js provided and the slightly updated/modified version by NNT_) and after updating/testing everything, I am having problems with my editor bar going completely missing.

[attachment=26497]

At first I thought it was due to my outdated version of MyBB, so I updated to 1.6.8, and re-placed the updated editor.js file(s), but the problem persists.

I've got my board offline right now for "updates and service" while I try to get this figured out, but I would like to get it back online ASAP.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10