MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NDesign for 1.6 [Released]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
NDesign is the evolution of a theme that has been with MyBB since version 1.2, and was originally created for phpBB2. Its a clean, light theme that makes a powerful impression.

[Image: Screen%20shot%202010-08-06%20at%2012.02.38%20PM.png]

10 Header Images
NDesign comes with 10 beautiful vector-art header images. By default the theme will cycle through these images, but you can easily replace them with your own or a single static banner. You can change these by replacing the images in images/ndesign/random. Any images you place in that folder will display in your header.

HTML Buttons [Image: Screen%20shot%202010-08-06%20at%2012.02.57%20PM.png]
All Quacktacular themes come with HTML/CSS based buttons instead of images. This makes it easy for you to alter their appearance in seconds.

CSS3 Goodness
This theme looks even better in browsers with CSS3 support (Safari, Chrome, Firefox etc). Box shadows, text shadows, tastefully rounded corners and plenty of other bits of CSS3. BUT its backward compatible, so everyone can enjoy the theme even without a modern browser.

Easy Translation
NDesign (or any of the new Quacktacular themes) are great for non-English users. All the text and buttons can be translated by editing a single lang file. No Photoshopping or voodoo necessary!

If you make a translation into your language, please share it on this thread or upload to NDesign's page on the Mods site.

Too narrow?? No problem!
It's easy to change NDesign's width! In your admin panel, just go to Templates and Style > NDesign > Global.css and find the #container selector. Now just change the width from 808px to whatever you like.

Your forum will look its best if you upload new banners that match the width, instructions above..

Why are the buttons empty?!
NDesign has an integrated language file and plugin so the buttons and other text can be translated (or customized) with ease. If the button text isn't showing up, confirm that you have uploaded qthemes.php to inc/plugins and activated it. Also confirm that you have uploaded qthemes.lang.php to inc/languages/english and any other language pack you might be using.

License
All Quacktacular themes are released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Install Instructions
In the attached zip you’ll find the theme’s XML file, an image folder, a plugin and a lang file. Install the XML file under the Templates and Style section of your ACP, and place all the other files in the same place they appear in the zip (don’t forget to activate the plugin!).

[Image: Screen%20shot%202010-08-06%20at%2012.08.37%20PM.png]
If anyone was having trouble with the plugin (no text on the buttons), please download the latest theme version 1.6.0d. Smile
Cute theme but too narrow.
I love this skin since always Smile
Thanks for the update! Big Grin
(2010-08-09, 06:09 PM)mrl586 Wrote: [ -> ]Cute theme but too narrow.
Its only narrow to accommodate the banner art from the original phpBB style. All that you have to do to make it wider is change #container's width from 808px to whatever you like! Or even fluid if you want.. Smile

@alv4 Thanks!

Did you upload and activate the included plugin and language file? If you're using a Russian language pack on your forum, you will also have to translate the qthemes.lang.php and pLace it in the correct language folder.

The second issue is a side effect of using the "classic postbit" option in MyBB. I guess I could force it to wrap to two lines with CSS, but I think it would be better practice to just limit username length on your fourn.
Senks. make a limit.
and one more
[attachment=19246]
Mhm that's because of the classic postbit again. I'll make some adjustments and post an update in the next day or so.
ok. Can you make path?
bcouse I'am small remake some details in Templates and dont wanna make that again) bcouse some can forgot...
sorry for the bad englesh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5