MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apple style jquery search.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-08-21, 01:54 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]It would probably be easier just to include global.php and check if the user has access.

The problem with that is it pulls the results straight from the db and it would have trouble detecting hidden posts.
Didn't the developers say 1.6 was going to use jQuery? I guess that never happened. Sad
(2010-08-25, 09:07 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't the developers say 1.6 was going to use jQuery? I guess that never happened. Sad

I'm not sure what they may have said, But they are still using Prototype.
(2010-08-25, 09:07 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't the developers say 1.6 was going to use jQuery? I guess that never happened. Sad

Nope its always been 2.0.
Don't take the time to implement it with Prototype.

Also, to the people not wanting to load another library, boo hoo, you have to have 1 line of code to a file not even hosted on your server that is loaded client sided so it has no impact on your server at all. Prototype is outdated and jQuery is the best javascript library on the market, so stick with jQuery. Even Ryan Gordon agrees with me.
(2010-08-26, 12:52 AM)Sleepwalker Wrote: [ -> ]Don't take the time to implement it with Prototype.

Also, to the people not wanting to load another library, boo hoo, you have to have 1 line of code to a file not even hosted on your server that is loaded client sided so it has no impact on your server at all. Prototype is outdated and jQuery is the best javascript library on the market, so stick with jQuery. Even Ryan Gordon agrees with me.

Good point, Thats going to save me some work Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4