MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Open myBB 1.6 Forum for testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If anyone would like to explore the functionality of myBB 1.6, mess around in the adminCP, play with template and/or theme edits, etc. before incorporating them into your forums, I have created a test forum that you are welcome to use to do so.

The forum has the standard theme and a modified version of Justin S' "A Fresh Midnight" for myBB 1.4 installed, as well as a number of plugins, and and other code modifications.

I've also setup Cron Jobs to restore the database and settings.php file every 3 hours, so if you totally mess the site up, it'll be as good as new within a couple of hours. The Cron Jobs run at 3:00 AM, 6:00 AM, 9:00 Am, etc, so if your doing anything in the forum at those times any changes you're making will be lost.

The forum can be found here: http://democomputer.com/demoforum

Full Admin access login:
Username: superadmin
Password: super123

I hope this is helpful to some that may be hesitant to upgrade, or just wanting to dig around and explore.
Ahh noobs changed password Confused can you PM me a login ?
You should have the cron unzip a backup if all the files incase they are modified maliciously Wink
(2010-08-07, 12:45 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]You should have the cron unzip a backup if all the files incase they are modified maliciously Wink

I was wondering on how to do that too. Wink
I actually wanted to code a file to replace all files in the plugin and images directories and let people upload plugins and themes to test, but that was beyond my limited PHP skills.

I spent hours trying to get a couple of directory copy and replace scripts to work, and couldn't.

If you have coding that works or can easily write it, post it and I'll create the Cron.
I logged in and of course did not need or could not log in under superadmin. but was able to log into admin.
Thank you for the demo forum. It allowed me to see that some of my favorite plugins can be used with 1.6. Big Grin
I have a script I wrote to do that Smile I'll tryfind it Toungue
Cool!
It's not hard Smile are you on a free host?
Nope, I've got a dedicated server.
Pages: 1 2