MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error when adding forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this when I try to create a new forum on my website (As in a new Forum under a Category).

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'allowvideocode' in 'field list'
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_forums (name,description,linkto,type,pid,parentlist,disporder,active,open,allowhtml,allowmycode,allowsmilies,allowimgcode,allowvideocode,allowpicons,allowtratings,usepostcounts,password,showinjump,modposts,modthreads,mod_edit_posts,modattachments,style,overridestyle,rulestype,rulestitle,rules,defaultdatecut,defaultsortby,defaultsortorder) VALUES ('Diamond and Pearl Discussion','Discuss the 4th Generation of Pokemon here.','','f','5','','1','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','','','0','','')
It seems something didn't update properly. If I am correct the 'allowvideocode' was added with the newest mybb. Are you sure you overwrote all the older mybb files?
Not Settings.php or config.php. :/

Help? lol
Those won't be a problem. It still seems something didn't upgrade properly, or it didn't get run through the whole way. I imagine you have reverted your templates correct? If yes the best option would be to try and re-update.
Nope, still didn't fix it. I have no idea what's wrong. I de-activated every plug-in, and it worked before I installed any plug-ins. :/
What plugins did you install?
Google SEO, Profile Images, iShare, Page Manager, Profile Buddies, Profile Design, and Spoiler MyCode.
The upgrade script wouldn't have been run properly. From the upgrade script:

$db->add_column("forums", "allowvideocode", "int(1) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER allowimgcode");

If it's not there, this wasn't run.
(2010-08-07, 12:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The upgrade script wouldn't have been run properly. From the upgrade script:

$db->add_column("forums", "allowvideocode", "int(1) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER allowimgcode");

If it's not there, this wasn't run.

But I didn't upgrade. Just went from 1.6 beta to 1.6 Gold. Anyways, how would I go about fixing this? Just tried to run that in php my admin, didn't work.
Right then, there's your problem. Beta > Gold is not supported, it was made very clear this was a possibility, this change was made after Beta 2 I believe, hence you don't have it if you used a beta and then just uploaded the Gold files. Running that code wouldn't do anything as it's PHP, and running the query it produces wouldn't work fully either as the forums cache wouldn't be rebuilt. If running the upgrade script doesn't work then you're on your own in fixing it I'm afraid, it was made clear there may not be a supported upgrade path from Beta to Gold so if you used the beta anyway, it's not our problem; as such I'm closing this.