MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why are you upgrading from 1.4.13?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Most of the plugins I installed work fine, as well as a number of code modifications I made. It did take a bit of tweaking to incorporate all modifications, plugins, etc into 1.6, and there were a couple of glitches, but all in all it was pretty smooth.

If you want to play around with it before taking the plunge, I do have a test forum setup that refreshes the database and configuration settings every 3 hours and you are welcome login and to dig around the ACP, edit templates, play with settings, etc.

The test forum is at: http://democomputer.com/demoforum and you login using:

Username: superadmin
Password: super123
What you could do is download your forum to your desktop and backup you sql database then install it on xampp then upgrade from there on your computer. If there is any problems then you are not messing up your own online forum. And it it all works ok then you know you are safe to upgrade your online forum safe. Well thats the idea.

upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6 allowed me to eliminate a bunch of plugins because they were built-in with mybb 1.6 and it also enhanced some things like the reputation system and etc.
Pages: 1 2