MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Taking a lot longer - reputerank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I randomly started today working on a plugin to enhance the reputation abilities. I made it over half way through but I will stop for now and just let you all know what I am doing. This is taking a lot more lines of code than I thought, mainly because it has a menu in the admin for adding stuff. :p

Anyways I am building a plugin I call ReputeRank. It's adds ranks as well as graphical images to the reputation system and displays them in the postbit. So say you set in the admin a reputation rank goal once someone reaches 5 reputation points and you want it do display 5 stars in their posts. When they scroll over those stars it will say a random summary of their rank such as "Getting Awesome." This plugin allows you to do that.

Features:

Customizable goals for reaching a certain rank
A customizable rank summary
customizable image to display for each goal
customizable number of images to show

I got a little tired of programming my points system and ajaxim integration that I am working on, and that is why I picked this up.

Before people start asking, it will be done when it is done. :p I have no set date nor is there a guarantee I will even finish it. Though I would really like to as I want this for my own website.

Also, if there are any other mybb plugin developers who want to give me hints to help me through this process, I would greatly appreciate it. It's tough to figure everything I have to do out, but I am finding my way as it is.
Here's alittle more motivation...

Keep it up!

I'm sure many of us users will be implementing the "reputerank" system into our boards.

Cool
Request: Allow to set a limit for how many reputation a user can give in a day. Maybe make it scale with their own rank.
If you want to scale reputation power to the user reputation instead of user group, I have modified reputation.php to do so and can provide the code.

My modification allows users to rep (positive or Negative) a percentage of their total reps from a drop down select. The percentage is set in reputation.php.

Let me know if you want the code
Which version of mybb do you use? If you want you can post it. I might make changes, and I will definitely not include file edits in the plugin. But I might be willing to add it to the actual plugin file and include it using a hook.
I have the rep system running on 1.4.13 and 1.6 and it works fine on both. Towork correctly n 1.4.13 a pid field needs to be added to the reputation table in the database though. 1.6 now has the field.

I'll post the entire reputation.php file and you can use as much or as little of the coding as you want.

You are welcome to login to my demo forum and see how the rep system works at http://democomputer.com/demoforum using superadmin as the username and super123 for the password.

Several other changes I've made:

Reps have to be made for posts and users cnnot rep others in user profiles.
Rep details are only viewable to the user repped and admins.
Rep details include a link to the post repped for.

You can copy any coding from the modified templates too

[attachment=19221]
I will definitely be stealing several other parts of this and adding them. I am mainly programming it for mybb 1.6. At least the first release. I may later add it to work for mybb 1.4. I could program a check to see the version of mybb and use an if statement to add the pid field.
HolyPhoenix Wrote:I may later add it to work for mybb 1.4. I could program a check to see the version of mybb and use an if statement to add the pid field.

That's what I was thinking, and that shuld be the only mod you would need to make for it to be 1.4 compatable.

BTW, the demo forum refreshes the database and settings.php file every 3 hours, so you're wlecome to mess around with template edits or anything else you want to in the ACP.

I believe the full list of template edits I made included:
postbit_author_user
postbit_reputation
reputation_add
reputation_vote
member_profile
member_profile_reputation

You will need to look around in the templates though and only take the applicable coding, because I've made other mods as well.
Ok, sounds cool. I will most likely complete the template edits on my own unless I need help. Thanks for all your help.
No problem.