MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-10-14, 11:06 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Have you reviewed the application settings in Facebook? To make sure that they are all correct? Can you provide a screenshot of the application settings page. be sure to blank out the api key and items like that

I sent you a screenshot in PM.
(2010-10-16, 11:02 AM)nodba Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-14, 11:06 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Have you reviewed the application settings in Facebook? To make sure that they are all correct? Can you provide a screenshot of the application settings page. be sure to blank out the api key and items like that

I sent you a screenshot in PM.

I need a screenshot, not the link to the page. I do not have permissions to view your app settings.
the URLs you specify are simple and pointing to your domain? i am not sure what the problem is, perhaps its with facebook? the problem you are having has nothing to do with MyBBPublisher at this particular point in time since its all facebook urls and info. so i don't think that i can help much more.

what if you delete the app you have now and create a new one?
(2010-10-16, 05:02 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]what if you delete the app you have now and create a new one?

The same problem xDD
send me a PM with the URL you are using to generate the one time token and then give me the url that is shown on the error page.

facebook is saying that the "nexxt" parameter in the url is wrong
(2010-10-06, 06:01 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure of the SERF impact though as what is more important, the thread subject or the link back to the forum? Does Google and other other actually follow the Bit.ly URL back to your forum or does it just find the Bit.ly URL and cache that?

God, sorry I missed your question pavemen. I know that Twitter uses NO FOLLOW for all links, but, I also known thatgoogle and other search engines ignore the no follow instructions.

I am guessing that Google indexes the pages, but respects the Twitter no follow instructions and the tweets do not effect rankings though.

I am not sure about mit.ly though, and if they don't have the no follow instructions it could impact rankings,
Hey pavemen, I installed Lennart's Facebook Connect plugin and it conflicts with your MyBB Publisher, I was hoping you could help me with a workaround.

The Facebook Connect declares the facebook class globally in order to make the connect and other options work. This causes a redeclare error when any new threads are posted if MyBB publisher is set to post to facebook.

Is it possible to either change the name of the facebook class in your plugin or to remove it since it's already been declared?

This is the error I get when posting new threads with both plugins installed:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
Pavemen,

Thanks for creating this plugin but unfortunately it's not working for me. I'm getting the "Object #..." error mentioned earlier. Any further information or solution to this? Discussion on it seemed to stop.

I upgraded to 1.6 for this plugin (v1.3.0 latest release of plugin from what I can tell) as it didn't seem to work on 1.4.8. In my test environment I've run the upgrade a couple times after removing all other plugins.

My twitter account has the app listed and approved.

When I get the error creating a new thread. It appears the thread is created but the post for it is not, if that offers any help. Haven't tried anything with Facebook or the announcements yet.

-Eric
(2010-10-17, 05:38 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Hey pavemen, I installed Lennart's Facebook Connect plugin and it conflicts with your MyBB Publisher, I was hoping you could help me with a workaround.

The Facebook Connect declares the facebook class globally in order to make the connect and other options work. This causes a redeclare error when any new threads are posted if MyBB publisher is set to post to facebook.

Is it possible to either change the name of the facebook class in your plugin or to remove it since it's already been declared?

This is the error I get when posting new threads with both plugins installed:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Facebook in /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

Assuming that Lenart is using the same Facebook SDK...

Try to edit the plugin (mybbpublisher.php) for the Facebook implementation section and change require '\inc\mybbpublisher\facebook\facebook.php' to require_once '<path to his facebook.php>' and see if that works.

just steal the path from his plugin perhaps? that way it will use his file and only be called once (be sure to change to require_once)

i suppose he and i should chat about using the 'third_party' folder for storing common SDKs

(2010-10-16, 05:26 PM)nodba Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-10-16, 05:02 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]what if you delete the app you have now and create a new one?

The same problem xDD

I did not forget about this guy, we've discussed in PMs about the problem and as far as I can tell, he's got a problem with Facebook itself as he is calling a facebook page directly and not from MyBBPublisher and its still not working.

I directed him to the Facebook developers site for help. If he can get the FB side of his app working, I am more than willing to help him with MyBBPublisher
(2010-10-18, 06:57 PM)LethargicCoder Wrote: [ -> ]Pavemen,

Thanks for creating this plugin but unfortunately it's not working for me. I'm getting the "Object #..." error mentioned earlier. Any further information or solution to this? Discussion on it seemed to stop.

I upgraded to 1.6 for this plugin (v1.3.0 latest release of plugin from what I can tell) as it didn't seem to work on 1.4.8. In my test environment I've run the upgrade a couple times after removing all other plugins.

My twitter account has the app listed and approved.

When I get the error creating a new thread. It appears the thread is created but the post for it is not, if that offers any help. Haven't tried anything with Facebook or the announcements yet.

-Eric

Can you PM me a screenshot of your twitter app setting page. feel free to block out the token info

also, please post or PM the full error message you are getting

these object errors are very hard to debug and since the plugin is working from a lot of folks, its either the twitter/fb apps and their settings or some server configuration that is interfering.
(2010-10-18, 08:31 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming that Lenart is using the same Facebook SDK...

Try to edit the plugin (mybbpublisher.php) for the Facebook implementation section and change require '\inc\mybbpublisher\facebook\facebook.php' to require_once '<path to his facebook.php>' and see if that works.

just steal the path from his plugin perhaps? that way it will use his file and only be called once (be sure to change to require_once)

i suppose he and i should chat about using the 'third_party' folder for storing common SDKs

Well that didn't work. It threw up another error. I also tried calling your facebook.php in his plugin and that didn't work either. Here are the errors I got with each:

calling his facebook.api in your plugin:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::stream_publish() in /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php on line 1123

calling your facebook.api in his plugin:
Fatal error: Class 'FacebookRestClient' not found in /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/facebook/facebook.php on line 67

Do you think they are mutually incompatable with each other, or is there some other easy work around to try?