MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-10-31, 03:17 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Garoto' pid='593018' dateline='1288529367']
Hello
I found this plugin very usefull but i would like to know if its possible for the first lines of the thread show up in facebook post.

The example is in attachment

Instead of the 2 post, the 1 post.

Sorry English.

Thanks for your quick replay.

One more thing that i found today:
When I try a quick or full edit more than 1 time i have this:
Quote:exception 'FacebookRestClientException' with message 'Duplicate status message' in /home/olharglo/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php:3025 Stack trace: #0 /home/olharglo/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/facebook/facebookapi_php5_restlib.php(916): FacebookRestClient->call_method('facebook.stream...', Array) #1 /home/olharglo/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(1128): FacebookRestClient->stream_publish('Foi criado um n...', '', '', '165392356823123', '165392356823123') #2 /home/olharglo/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(650): mybbpublisher_fb_post_update(Array) #3 /home/olharglo/public_html/inc/class_plugins.php(142): mybbpublisher_editthread(Object(PostDataHandler)) #4 /home/olharglo/public_html/inc/datahandlers/post.php(1573): pluginSystem->run_hooks_by_ref('mybbpublisher_e...', Array) #5 /home/olharglo/public_html/xmlhttp.php(439): PostDataHandler->update_post('datahandler_pos...', Object(PostDataHandler)) #6 {main}

Only when i delete the post in facebook page, i can edit again.
Any solution to this problem, like disable edited posts getting in facebook page?
thanks in advance
are you using the latest version of the plugin?

do you have anything setup in twitter or facebook that shares status updates between them? Are you waiting any amount of time between edits?
well yes im using the 1.3.1.
Im only using facebook and it is only updated by mybbpublisher.
I have waited 5 min and the problem persist. then i wait 20 min and the edit was successful and the post has passed to facebook.
The problem is, 20m is to much, everyone makes mistakes, and the double post in facebook is anoying.
Thanks for your quick replays..
Well, the timing issue is not anything I have control over. Either I can edit the plugin such that there is a time check and nothing happens if its not long enough or it stays the same and you deal with the errors.

If i put a time check in it and you edit before the time is up, then status updates wont happen. I do not know how to test if I can send the status update or not without error.
I am using version 1.3.1 and I registered an app at twitter using Application type: Browser and callback URL http://www.gentlemansgazette.com
Default Access type is Read&Write as it was suggested in the readme file.

Now, I get this error message if I try to post a new thread. Can anybody tell me what I have to change in order to make it work?

This is my forum: Gentleman's Gazette Forum

Thanks in advance:

exception 'EpiTwitterNotAuthorizedException' with message '{"error":"Invalid \/ expired Token","request":"\/1\/account\/verify_credentials.json"}' in /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php:256 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(218): EpiTwitterException::raise(Object(EpiCurlManager), false) #1 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(119): EpiTwitterJson->__get('response') #2 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(36): EpiTwitter->request('GET', '/account/verify...', NULL) #3 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(909): EpiTwitter->get('/account/verify...') #4 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(550): mybbpublisher_tw_post_update(Array) #5 [internal function]: mybbpublisher_newthread(Object(PostDataHandler)) #6 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/class_plugins.php(142): call_user_func_array('mybbpublisher_n...', Array) #7 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/datahandlers/post.php(1230): pluginSystem->run_hooks_by_ref('datahandler_pos...', Object(PostDataHandler)) #8 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/newthread.php(397): PostDataHandler->insert_thread() #9 {main}
your crednetials are wrong or have expired. generate your tokens again and update the settings in the ACP
First of all, thank you very much for your instant reply - I appreciate it!

I already did that twice (since it siad expired token) and I still get this error message:

exception 'EpiTwitterNotAuthorizedException' with message '{"error":"Invalid \/ expired Token","request":"\/1\/account\/verify_credentials.json"}' in /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php:256 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(218): EpiTwitterException::raise(Object(EpiCurlManager), false) #1 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(119): EpiTwitterJson->__get('response') #2 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(36): EpiTwitter->request('GET', '/account/verify...', NULL) #3 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(909): EpiTwitter->get('/account/verify...') #4 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(550): mybbpublisher_tw_post_update(Array) #5 [internal function]: mybbpublisher_newthread(Object(PostDataHandler)) #6 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/class_plugins.php(142): call_user_func_array('mybbpublisher_n...', Array) #7 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/inc/datahandlers/post.php(1230): pluginSystem->run_hooks_by_ref('datahandler_pos...', Object(PostDataHandler)) #8 /homepages/16/d317233049/htdocs/forum/newthread.php(397): PostDataHandler->insert_thread() #9 {main}
So your application is setup as read/write and 'browser' type and you have reset your consumer key/secret and applied those. You have double checked that your Access Tokens are correct and properly setup in the plugin settings?

I installed the latest version (1.3.1) and haven't had MyBBPublisher installed before.

MyBB language is english. There is no space next to the "at" in status messages.

Also, is there any way to have facebook identify the link and interpret it the way it normally does with links (the little thumbnail, etc?)
A suggestion for the edit thing. Instead of generating an error and/or creating a time limit, why not configure it to where it let people edit normally without it making a whole new post. It would avoid double posts and save time. People would be a lot happier seeing only one post on their feed/timeline rather than an edit.

Now, it'd be a different story if either the URL or title of the thread changes. Post content shouldn't matter as much.