MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I can see your point.
(2010-08-11, 05:58 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I can see your point.

Great Smile
Very good plugin, however, it's giving me an error when I update a post.
what error and have you setup the applications in whatever service you want to use?
(2010-08-11, 07:24 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]what error and have you setup the applications in whatever service you want to use?

I PM'd you, and yes I setup the applications.
Basically, it's crashes when I want to update the post saying there's a duplicate post
how long do you wait between posting the message and updating it? Twitter takes a while to propagate messages across its servers and this can lead to errors with how I handle (and the Twitter class file) the processing of updates. I try to delete an existing tweet before sending an update. Updating Tweets directly has been a PITA and in my opinion defeats the purpose of posting current info. If i just update a tweet, the timestamp does not change (AFAIK) and thus changes can remain several pages back and not current to your followers. its easier to try to delete the tweet first,the post a new status.

what is happening, it seems, is that the plugin pulls your current Tweets, can't find the latest and thus tries to post the same status message, which violates Twitters policy of duplicate statuses that are adjacent to one another.
Maybe this could be a problem for domain which is slow connecting to twitter server (or only my sever?):
I have "long waiting" move moderation when activating setting "Share moved threads?"
The built-in MyBB MOVE take a long time process to redirect to a new moved thread Smile

also when delete thread which is under setting of "Forums in which New Threads are published".

This is nt happen on your previous Twitter plugins for 1.4.
Maybe my network server is slow when connecting to twitter server.

MySQL server has gone away
exception 'EpiTwitterException' in /domains/public_html/inc/plugins/mypublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php:272 Stack trace: #0 /domains/public_html/inc/plugins/mypublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(218):  bla bla bla
the previous version did not have issues with the move/delete thread as it did not handle it.

as the plugin is dependent on the connection to the third party services, so it is possible that it can be slow, time out or fail completely. i have not had these issues when running on my current (and large) 1.4 forum nor my 1.6 test forum, other than some minor slow downs on occasion but it is usually 1-2 seconds at the most.

also, one thing to consider is that Twitter does not allow searching for a specific tweet ID. I am not sure why that it the case, but it is a known issue. the work around is to pull the full list of status updates and grab the one with the needed tweet/status ID. So if your twitter account has a lot of updates, all that data is returned as a large array and I try to find the status ID assigned to the thread you are moving/deleting and it can take a bit.

At least on the Facebook side, I can request a specific status ID and it will give the result or nothing. Easy to use. Twitter is only making it hard for the developers and harder on thier own service by doing this and making folks pull so much data.

i can limit the search to 'since' a specific ID, but if the ID I specify is not valid, it crashes. Its pretty lame.

I see...
Temporary disable this. I'll wait and see, and hope the network problem could this.

just caught..
[attachment=19301]
welcome to Twiiter :-)