MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-12-07, 03:54 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]can you manually update your statuses, when posting as your group to facebook? you can likely post as yourself, but can you as the group (like the plugin would)?

I can go both twitter and facebook and post on the pages it would show on as me - I've changed the setting in the setup as 'yes' to post as me and still nothing so I am now sratching my head and thinking perhaps our host has blocked out going content again.. is there any other way of testing this?
ok doubled checked again..

for some reason the facebook application page now shows that you must be logged in to read the posts...

About Drag Racing Forum
Friends using this Application
No friends are using this application.
About Drag Racing Forum
Chat and Banter about Drag Racing all in one forum

which is never did - it showed the posts as anyone viewing..

twitter - still doesn't do anything now...

but the facebook 'guest' is still viewing our forum........ so I am now at a total loss of ideas

ok twitter has just started working again but not facebook yet - it seems to be random
if its random, then i doubt its the plugin. can't help you with your own connections/login to facebook though
actually, it appears that group setup you are trying to post to is not working. the plugin is publishing to your application and not to the group.

have you verified your settings and made sure you have not used the app ID as the page ID (group ID)?
(2010-12-08, 04:54 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]if its random, then i doubt its the plugin. can't help you with your own connections/login to facebook though
actually, it appears that group setup you are trying to post to is not working. the plugin is publishing to your application and not to the group.

have you verified your settings and made sure you have not used the app ID as the page ID (group ID)?

yeah - I've put in the application id as instructions - but not sure if they are the right ones - don't know much about facebook... just seems odd that is was working fine and then it stopped
we have it pointing to

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application...1612930223

is this not where it is meant to be pointing to?
how stupid do I feel!!! I had the 'post id' fields blank... changed it to point to the app. and works... not sure why this field was cleared out...
normally most folks point the plugin to their own profile (facebook.com/your.profile.name) or to a fan page they built (facebook.com/pages/pagename/pageid). you are the first to point it back to the application linked to the plugin.

i assume its possible to post to a group as well, and apparently it works pointing to the application page as you are doing.
as an example mine points to http://www.facebook.com/pages/PavementSu...0371951718
what I couldn't work out was how to get your application to point to your group - it didn't seem to like it - also the group didn't look like a group - stupid I know this sounds.. I would prefer a group - but have a look and see what you think..

This is one group I have
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104193916289433 <-this looks fine

this is the main group
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=grou...0783121727

so how comes these have been made different?

its Facebook, I have no idea why its setup that way.

you should try setting the PageID in the settings to 104193916289433 (your group ID) and set post as page to Yes and see if that works. You likely have to give permission to the app to post to that group via the app. Once you save the settings, click the link in the ACP success message at the top of the page.

ok - I'll give that a go tomorrow - hopefully it will work - but at least it works in the way I did it - oddly... but will give it a go
thanks again
right - I've edited one of our groups..

so how do I get this to work now

I've created a application that gives me the ID codes which I've put in our admin cp and the group id (the new group) in...

is this right? just it doesn't post to it.. do I need to get the application to point to the group? if so how..
thanks
you should only need one application. set the app id, tokens, etc as normal in the ACP.

then set the page ID in the ACP to the group ID and set the post as page to yes.

save the settings and then click the Grant Permissions link in the success message (green highlighted area after saving)

you should be okay then, IF it is the same to post to a group as it is to post to a page

are there any error messages? check the cache for mybbpublisher_errors_fb
thanks, by trial and error I've got it working - but it always posts as me in the group from the forum - is that correct?
glad you got it working. it is normal to post as 'you' as tha tis how facebooks works, you can post as you anywhere you have permission to.

did you set the Post as Page to yes? if so and its not working then it may be that something different would need to be done for groups.