MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-04-30, 11:55 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you need to click the My Access Tokens on the right side

Yeah i finally found that a little while ago. The mod still doesnt seem to work though. My test post was never sent to twitter, nor did i receive any errors.

I double checked my settings and stuff. Do i need to wait for twitter to authorize the app or something?
please check the ACP > Tools and Maintenance > Cache Manager and see if mybbpublisher_error_tw exists, and if so, PM me the contents
A big THANK YOU to Pavemen for making a great mod and helping me get it working.

Thank You !! Smile
So I upgraded MyBB Publisher to version 1.5.1. It is currently awaiting validation, but here is a list of changes
  • Replaced previous Twitter oAuth class with more optimized version
  • Removed Facebook SDK and switched to GraphAPI
  • Changed Facebook settings to accommodate GraphAPI
  • Added "MyBB Publisher" to Tools & Maintenance menu
    a) Allows user to verify settings before enabling MyBB Publisher
    b) Enables user to connect with Facebook and automatically configure permissions, access tokens, where to publish and author.
    c) Allow user to check Twitter rate limit and reset time
  • Changed license type from GPL to CC NC SA

Upgrade instructions are in the first post.

MyBB Publisher should now be compatible with Facebook for a while as it now uses the GraphAPI (and some cURL) to interact with Facebook. Previous versions used a now deprecated REST API, which Facebook is dropping support for.

I also changed to a more efficient Twitter SDK/oAuth library so it should be a bit more efficient if you are publishing to Twitter.

I think that the biggest change is that the setup is a lot easier now. MyBB Publisher now includes a new ACP menu in the Tools and Maintenance area to help setup and verify settings for both Twitter and Facebook.

ALL USERS THAT ARE PUBLISHING TO FACEBOOK NEED TO PERFORM THE FACEBOOK SETUP USING THE NEW TOOLS..

Just want to say thank you for this great plugin! I tried to install previous versions and failed, but with the latest version it was up and running in a matter of seconds (ok, i had all those codes already).
you are welcome. i heard from a few that it was somewhat difficult to setup (but that not really my fault given the hoops Facebook needs you to do) but I found a way to simplify it a bit.
you did not upload all the files in the package.
Yes I did.

I am one hundred percent sure, I just checked it through WinSCP.

Winrar gives me no account.php in the .zip :\
actually I found an issue. I uploaded the package with a debug version of the Twitter library. I have posted a new version to the mods site with the fix but you need to wait until its validated.

I have also attached the file that you can upload and replace the file at

<mybb_root>/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/