MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-06-10, 02:21 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-10, 04:29 AM)AtrixDude420 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help explain how to set up Twitter? I do not have anything other than a link under Access token URL and Authorize URL and Request Token URL...

what do I have to add to these to work? it has the biggest problem with Twitter Sad Please help some one

PM ME PLZ!

Thanks in adv!

~AtrixDude

Assuming you have made the app already...

Log into Twitter then go to http://dev.twitter.com (or click the Developers link in the right panel)

Then click Your Apps at the top

Then click the name for the app you made

Scroll down to the OAuth section and get the Consumer Token and Secret

Click the button on the right that says My Access Token and copy that info.

Great Big Grin Thanks I think it is working now Im not seeing any error codes Smile

But now my Facebook part is not connecting! Ahhhh...

I get to the last step in verifying the account after saving and i get this:

Return value of test post update:

stdClass Object
(
    [error] => stdClass Object
        (
            [type] => OAuthException
            [message] => An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.
        )

)

Test post was not made. See output above. 

How do I fix this? lol I have made sure all the codes and numbers are accurate... and even though my Page ID is right I still cant seem to get it to recognize that either Sad

Any help would be much appreciated!

+rep to you btw man thanks again for helping with my twitter!

~Atrixdude
try making a file with this content and run it (after setting the path and your username and api key)

<?php
/**************************************************
 * File:
 * Author:
 * License:
 * Version: 
 **************************************************/

include '{mybb root path}/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/bitly.php';

$bitly = new bitly({username}, {api_key});

$errors = $bitly->getErrors();

echo '<pre>';
print_r($errors);
echo '</pre>';
?>

if that is a blank page, then your account is not getting any errors and should be working.
Yes, I get a blank page. :/
your account is showing no cached errors then.

here is customized file that should die on bitly errors if the user "cancp" so it should not impact other users. also, its only in the facebook section right now and twitter will work as normal (it runs first anyway)

if you get a var_dump, please copy paste it here. if it goes blank, let me know (that should not happen though). if it posts as normal, then I am very confused.
just upload that file to /inc/plugins
working fine now with me on facebook and twitter..thanks sir paveman..Smile
(2011-06-10, 03:13 PM)AtrixDude420 Wrote: [ -> ]Great Big Grin Thanks I think it is working now Im not seeing any error codes Smile

But now my Facebook part is not connecting! Ahhhh...

I get to the last step in verifying the account after saving and i get this:

stdClass Object
(
        (
            [type] => OAuthException
            [message] => An active access token must be used to query information about the current user.
        )

)

How do I fix this? lol I have made sure all the codes and numbers are accurate... and even though my Page ID is right I still cant seem to get it to recognize that either Sad

Any help would be much appreciated!

+rep to you btw man thanks again for helping with my twitter!

~Atrixdude

are you trying to post as you or a page? are you trying to post to your own wall, or a page?

I want to post as a page, but when I hit I think step 4 or something it will say I must use my own wall so I dont think it is recognising the page id although its accurate?

Or I have something messed up because I have been testing it and Twitter works flawlessly but Facebook nothing happens lol...

Anyway I can fix this?

Should I try that code you posted above? Not the file, the code?

Thanks again and for all the help!

~AtrixDude
do you have other facebook plugins installed?

you should go to facebook > account > privacy then Edit Settings under Apps and Websites on the lower left and then remove the app you made from your profile. do not remove the app from facebook developer pages, but just the allowance you gave to your profile.

then verify the app settings are correct back at the dev site, then run through steps 1-4 again. when you get to step 3, do you see all the apps/groups/pages you admin?
Ok I will do that now,

Also must I submit my app before trying this? Just wondering if that is why lol
Ok so it is saying this now when trying to verify it.... im def the only admin lol

You do not appear to be the administrator of any apps, pages or groups. Please verify that you own the application you are trying to setup, it should have been listed here.

Nothing to manage: Just use your own stuff:
Post as to your own wall.
And still it seems to kick back same error Sad and not work Sad

here is the error when first trying to verify Sad

stdClass Object
(
(
[type] => OAuthException
)

)

Same thing Sad
yes, you need to create the app first, while logged in as you. Then you need to be sure you have a page/app/group that you are admin of otherwise the only option will be to post to your own wall as you

After step2, go to your facebook privacy page and click the edit settings under app and websites. Click on the app you made for publisher and tell me what permissions the app has.