MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-09-07, 04:47 PM)fabo92 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem, when I submit a new thread, try to delete one etc. I always get "Object id #.." and the thread isn't updated nor is been posted on twitter... How to solve?

same error,

only white pages and "Object id #13" or "Object id #28"
its something to do with your app setup or the configuration values you used in the plugin settings. i will try to dig into what those spefic errors are later tonight.

if you like, can you PM me the specific app settings from the twitter developer site you are using. if you are getting these odd errors its not the pluginj itself its your app or the official twitter api code i am providing but did not write
For those of you using the plugin to publish to Facebook and are having the white page or object errors, please verify that you have successfully given permissions to your application.Log into Facebook, go to Account Settings > Application Settings. Find your application and click Edit Permissions. You should see a tab called Additional Permissions with four items and all should be checked.

If you do not have any of these, I suggest you generate a new one-time key and enter that into your plugin settings in the ACP and save. You will then see a success message at the top of the ACP with a link in it. You were supposed to click that link the first time in order to access Facebook and give the proper permissions to your application.

Please follow the directions and readme docs.
Have paveman, awesome plugin! I am having one problem with it though: Sometimes but not everytime, it will post a thread from a private forum.

I have checked no for the Inclusive setting and have listed 5 forums to exclude, as below:
45, 83, 84, 85, 88

The only new threads posted in private forums since installing the plugin have been in fid45, but of 4 threads created 2 of them posted to Facebook and Twitter.

Any idea why this might be?
not sure. i will look into it as soon as i can. i am still working on the other errors posted above as well.
No problem, and I appreciate it. BTW, it now seems to be posting every thread from fid45
(2010-09-09, 03:33 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Have paveman, awesome plugin! I am having one problem with it though: Sometimes but not everytime, it will post a thread from a private forum.

I have checked no for the Inclusive setting and have listed 5 forums to exclude, as below:
45, 83, 84, 85, 88

The only new threads posted in private forums since installing the plugin have been in fid45, but of 4 threads created 2 of them posted to Facebook and Twitter.

Any idea why this might be?

Here is the function used to determine if the forum is publishable

function mypublisher_can_do_publish($fid) 
{
	global $mybb;

//check if fid is visible to guests and registered users
	$groupperms = usergroup_permissions('1,2');
	$forumpermissions=fetch_forum_permissions($fid, '1,2', $groupperms);

if($forumpermissions['canview'] != 1 || $forumpermissions['canviewthreads'] != 1)
	{
		return 0;
	}

$inclusive = $mybb->settings['mypublisher_inclusive'];

//init var
	$do_post = ($inclusive == 1 ? 1 : 0);

if($mybb->settings['mypublisher_forums'] != 0)
	{
		$forums2send = explode(",", $mybb->settings['mypublisher_forums']);
		if(!in_array($fid, $forums2send))
		{
			//change var if condition met
			$do_post = ($inclusive == 1 ? 0 : 1);
		}
	}
	return $do_post;
}

as you can see, private and limited forums are automatically not published in the first bit of code. By default groups 1 and 2 are guests and registered users, so if they can not view the forum, then the plugin will return not publishable. Its not even dependent on the current logged in user, only the group permissions.

you can verify such if the forum index page does not have the icons in the forum descriptions for those private forums as its the same function used to determine if the forum is publishable. I have tested this as many ways as I can think of, even specifically including them and its working correctly.

i have had some issues with things getting published but not including the link to the thread, but this is a first for me. do you have any other plugins that run on new threads?

(2010-09-09, 07:19 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]No problem, and I appreciate it. BTW, it now seems to be posting every thread from fid45

Are you sure that guests and registered do not have Can View and Can View Threads permissions for fid45?
(2010-09-07, 07:09 PM)ozanakkaya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-09-07, 04:47 PM)fabo92 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem, when I submit a new thread, try to delete one etc. I always get "Object id #.." and the thread isn't updated nor is been posted on twitter... How to solve?

same error,

only white pages and "Object id #13" or "Object id #28"

I can not replicate these issues. Can you recreate your application and obtain new consumer keys as well as recheck your access tokens for that app. If I make another app in my account, the access tokens (My Access Token) is different than my previous app.

Please verify the settings and if possible, recreate the app and populate the plugin settings with the new info
another reply to merge with my previous posts...

I found a small bug that impacted edited threads. if the edited thread was not publishable it's subject was still published but without the link to the thread. i also removed the publishable icons from categories, so now they are limited to forums only

version 1.2 is uploaded and awaiting validation
I tried to remove old application and create a new one, then repopulate the plugin settings, but with no success.

Then I tried to uninstall the plugin, reupload it and repopulate... but once again, I got the same error!

It could be a server problem?
Hey paveman, per your PM it looks like you've solved the issue I was having, and I'll install the updated plugin as soon as its been validated.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: I saw that version 1.2 was validated, so I downloaded and replaced the files, but still had the problem I ws having.

On checking the files the mypublisher.php plugin file still shows version 1.1. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

(2010-09-10, 09:10 AM)fabo92 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to remove old application and create a new one, then repopulate the plugin settings, but with no success.

Then I tried to uninstall the plugin, reupload it and repopulate... but once again, I got the same error!

It could be a server problem?

It could be. The official Twitter API that I am using is a bit beyond my comprehension so its hard for me to trace the issue you are having. Do you have a Facebook account you can test the FB feature against? I think its a server issue or one of your settings and not with my plugin or its use of the API.

(2010-09-10, 12:55 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Hey paveman, per your PM it looks like you've solved the issue I was having, and I'll install the updated plugin as soon as its been validated.

Thank you so much!

EDIT: I saw that version 1.2 was validated, so I downloaded and replaced the files, but still had the problem I ws having.

On checking the files the mypublisher.php plugin file still shows version 1.1. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. I goofed and did not get all the changes into the package I uploaded. I have been far too busy and missed this.

That said, I have uploaded a new 1.2.1 version of this plugin.

Please note: This plugin has been renamed from MyPublisher to MyBBPublisher. This was done as there is already an existing commercial software called MyPublisher that I want to avoid any issues with names.

As such, to upgrade there are a few steps to perform. Please see the first post for directions.
This is an awesome plugin and I think I have it set up correctly. I certainly didn't receive any errors.

What I did do though was set it up before reading this thread so I havent linked back to you from my Twitter app... And when I upgraded I just deactivated and then uploaded the new files. Didn't delete the old ones. Presumably I am okay to delete them now?

If you point me in the right direction to reaccess my created app will happily add in a link to you and if you have a logo will use that for the app as well.

Thanks for a great app and I look forward to seeing the twitter results. One other thing is I have my Facebook page set up to tweet new posts. Will this cause a complication with double posting? In which case I will just disconnect the twitter postings all together.