MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did read-write but still

It doesnt work
(2012-01-12, 02:50 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-12, 02:14 AM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]Struggling with Facebook, App ID and API IDs are the same apparently according to Facebook
When I do Step 1: Verify App ID Setting, its returns nothing.

Do I have to mess around with App Domains and Hosting URLs or any mumbo jumbo like that?

Thanks
Plus thread title is still 1.6.2 Wink

The application ID and API Key are NOT the same. The app ID is all integers and the API key is longer and alpha numeric. The application secret is similar in length and style as the key, but not the same. You need to get your settings right and then try again

In facebook it says:
Quote:App ID/API Key:
And I cant find any other API key, even when following the link in the MyBBPublisher Settings.
Looking on Google it looks like they have changed the layout and other people are having the same issue as me.
(2012-01-12, 06:36 AM)The-Best Wrote: [ -> ]I did read-write but still

It doesnt work

Take screen shots of your App settings in Twitter and PM them to me. If you want to block out part of the keys/secrets that is fine.

(2012-01-12, 12:15 PM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-12, 02:50 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-12, 02:14 AM)BleepyEvans Wrote: [ -> ]Struggling with Facebook, App ID and API IDs are the same apparently according to Facebook
When I do Step 1: Verify App ID Setting, its returns nothing.

Do I have to mess around with App Domains and Hosting URLs or any mumbo jumbo like that?

Thanks
Plus thread title is still 1.6.2 Wink

The application ID and API Key are NOT the same. The app ID is all integers and the API key is longer and alpha numeric. The application secret is similar in length and style as the key, but not the same. You need to get your settings right and then try again

In facebook it says:
Quote:App ID/API Key:
And I cant find any other API key, even when following the link in the MyBBPublisher Settings.
Looking on Google it looks like they have changed the layout and other people are having the same issue as me.

I guess I need to review the new layout. They told me my app was going to be updated, but nothing changed on the date they gave me and the app still works for me. They must have changed it after the date they first gave.

I will have see what I can figure out and modify the code.

Does using the AppID in both AppID and API Key boxes not work?

(2012-01-12, 06:36 AM)The-Best Wrote: [ -> ]I did read-write but still

It doesnt work

I looked at the new twitter app site layout and you need to provide the 4 items on the OAuth tool tab when you are viewing/editing your app. Just match these up to the proper settings in the ACP. If these are correct, then I am not sure.

If you don't get errors using the three tools for Twitter the plugin provides, then I don't know what the issue is

I'd have to have FTP and ACP access to your site so that I can debug locally. But I am not a fan of having that kind of access. I don't have the time right now to work on it either, maybe in a few days.
(2012-01-12, 04:53 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Does using the AppID in both AppID and API Key boxes not work?

Nope, the first step test returns nothing about the app, app name, description, nothing.
Its going to take me some time to figure out, time I just don't have right now.
Thats fine, no rush Smile
hi

I come again Sad

but now with Facebook account the first test was OK

but for the second one Facebook give me this message

An error occurred with موقع تراث حضرموت. Please try again later.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

I tried to look for the solution but I couldn't

so what to do Sad
1) is your app ID and API Key the same or different?

2) You need to edit your app so that the Site URL and Canvas URL provided are your domain name
Just a quick question, is it possible to post to different facebook pages?

I'm supporting two bands on the my board. So is there some way I can have like category 1 & 2 post to facebook page A and category 3 & 4 post to facebook B?
sorry, its a single page only