MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I was wondering if I would need that info so I had saved it in a text file tonight, but decided to ask for your expertise before I just went for it.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep up the awesome work man! I'll test updating it tomorrow and also send a donation your way.
This worked to update from 1.4.2 to 1.6.3, except for the setting to post to a group instead of the app or user wall:

"From v1.4.3 to 1.5.1:

Deactivate old plugin
Delete folder - \inc\plugins\MyBBPublisher
Upload new package
Activate plugin and use new tools to setup Facebook (if using)""

I had to manually update the database table "mybb_settings" then click save in the Configuration -> Settings -> MyBBpublisher.

The "value" column for the row with "name" column "mybbpublisher_fb_pageid" contains the value stored, which was not the group I had previously used. It probably would have been if I wouldn't have clicked the "Step 3: Select where to post and specify author." which did not give the option to use the group.

It appears to be working, but I don't think the delete works, so I'd have to manually delete from the group if I wanted to remove a post. Not a big deal, just letting you know.

Any chance you can have it show the value and have it be editable right in the configuration settings like it used to be?

Thanks for all your help!
not sure if i want to make the setting editable directly in the ACP. once i released with the tools options, support requests went down.

but you are saying that you can still publish to a facebook group if you set the pageid manually to the is of your group?

(2012-01-26, 03:54 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if i want to make the setting editable directly in the ACP. once i released with the tools options, support requests went down.

I was wondering if that's why you did it. lol Makes sense.

(2012-01-26, 03:54 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]but you are saying that you can still publish to a facebook group if you set the pageid manually to the is of your group?

Yeah, I just had to manually update the ID in the database and save settings. The plugin won't delete posts automatically on the group page, but it posts there just fine.

thanks for confirming. Facebook does not want to support groups anymore, they want everyone to use pages. why they can't convert a group to a page, I don't know, but working with groups anymore is not fully supported seems like.
Will you be following mybbpublisher on pages? Or will you just stick with twitter?
if you are asking me, it still does facebook walls, pages and apparently groups (with some manual changes) and still does twitter.

once google+ has its API writable, i will try to add that. right now, its read -only.
Sorry did I miss something?
The issue I brought up before about the API keys and the App ID was for a Facebook page.
that issue, sorry. i still have not figured that problem out yet.
That's ok, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a solution Smile