MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But the new it doesn't tweet once I saved the edits. (It's still in the same forum) :s
if that forum still setup to be published? which mybb version?
(2010-09-26, 02:10 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]if that forum still setup to be published? which mybb version?

MyBB 1.6. (I used Quick Edit btw)
i will look into the quick edit thing. that may be the issue.
Great mode thank you
Hey paveman, any progress on stripping thread titles down to 140 characters for Twitter?
okay, I have not uploaded the new file to the mods site yet, as I need someone to test the new version. I have attached it here.

Changes include Twitter message shortening to 140 characters, URL included. It the thread subject plus the URL plus the additional text (per the language file) exceed 140 characters, the plugin truncates the thread subject by the amount needed to make 140 characters.

Bit.ly support has been added and if used, that length is considered during truncation.

Bit.ly support is optional for both Twitter and Facebook.

Corrected for quick edit deleting status updates. This is occurring because the subject is not part of the thread/post info being passed to the handler. Since the plugin deletes existing statuses upon an edit, there is no subject to post in its place. I have fixed this, I think.

Since I have added settings, you will need to uninstall, upload the new files and reinstall.

Anyone willing to test this new version with Bit.ly and long messages to Twitter and quick edits?

Thanks
[attachment=20069]
Hey there, delighted to test new version! Downloading it now. You rock!
I am downloading it too and will install today, and report back on it. Thanks pavemen!
So far so good! I have uploaded and tested the new version and everything seems fine. Long thread titles are shortened, no errors or exception statments.

I am not using bit.ly support, as there doesn't seem to be a need.

Thanks again pavemen! Big Grin