MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: registration redirects to an error page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after making sure a few registration plugins worked fine, I noticed that after submitting the registration, it took me to an 'error' page, but this is what it showed on the page:
[attachment=19188]
Did the registration work?
(2010-08-07, 10:28 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Did the registration work?

yep, but why would it go to an error page?
Might be a language string somewhere. Try reuploading a fresh copy of the language files as I'm sure it doesn't do it for me.
This is default functionality I believe, I'm sure it's happened to me on every MyBB forum I've joined that has email activation turned on.
(2010-08-07, 07:06 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]This is default functionality I believe, I'm sure it's happened to me on every MyBB forum I've joined that has email activation turned on.

I did fail to mention that I have email activation turned on in my OP.

you wouldn't believe how many emails I get because people think there's a problem with the forums when they register and it takes them to an error page.
What is the exact error page that it takes your users after they register? Do you have some sort of redirection plugin installed? Can you also list here all the plugins you have installed that have to do with the register process?
(2010-08-07, 08:05 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I did fail to mention that I have email activation turned on in my OP.

you wouldn't believe how many emails I get because people think there's a problem with the forums when they register and it takes them to an error page.

It's not so noticable on other forums because the "error" text in the breadcrumb isn't usually red.

It's not default though, it doesn't happen on my test forum. I think it may be something to do with the Google SEO plugin.

(2010-08-07, 08:12 PM)bubulang Wrote: [ -> ]What is the exact error page that it takes your users after they register? Do you have some sort of redirection plugin installed? Can you also list here all the plugins you have installed that have to do with the register process?

There's a screenshot in the OP.

(2010-08-07, 08:43 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-07, 08:12 PM)bubulang Wrote: [ -> ]What is the exact error page that it takes your users after they register? Do you have some sort of redirection plugin installed? Can you also list here all the plugins you have installed that have to do with the register process?

Thank you. I did not notice that.

To the OP, does that appear if you switch to the default theme as well? Can you also try to temporarily uninstall all the plugins one by one to see if one of them can be the culprit?

(2010-08-07, 08:43 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-07, 08:05 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]I did fail to mention that I have email activation turned on in my OP.

It's not so noticable on other forums because the "error" text in the breadcrumb isn't usually red.

It's not default though, it doesn't happen on my test forum. I think it may be something to do with the Google SEO plugin.

that's with the google 404 turned off^^^

on my clean test forum with only 1 plugin (online today), it looks like it's fine.

[attachment=19200]