MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Float Welcome Block On Header Image?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried to do this but I've had no luck.
Anyone know how to?
Here's an example of what I'm trying to achieve:
[Image: o76nnc.gif]
The least painful way to do this will be to make your header image the background of a div (eg #header_image), then float your welcome block in the div..
(2010-08-07, 06:43 PM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]The least painful way to do this will be to make your header image the background of a div (eg #header_image), then float your welcome block in the div..
My header's a PHP rotating header though..
(2010-08-07, 11:40 PM)The90sKid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-07, 06:43 PM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]The least painful way to do this will be to make your header image the background of a div (eg #header_image), then float your welcome block in the div..
Just the image (eg using a random.php)? That shouldn't matter you can still set background in your CSS.

The other option is using relative/absolute positioning and z-index, which is about as painful as a root canal..

(2010-08-08, 02:12 AM)quacktacular Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-07, 11:40 PM)The90sKid Wrote: [ -> ]
Just the image (eg using a random.php)? That shouldn't matter you can still set background in your CSS.

The other option is using relative/absolute positioning and z-index, which is about as painful as a root canal..
As in it uses a piece of code in global.php.
Seems like the latter option is the one I'll have to go for.

Is there any tutorial to implement this floating bar? I need it too.