MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Text are problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this text area problem. It is overflowing. I tried adjusting the columns and rows but it still overflows no matter the size. Here are screencaps from chrome and firefox. Ayyone who knows how I could adjust it? BTW, I'm using Apart Sky. It works fine when the formatting buttons don't show somethimes of firefox(I think it's a ff problem with js handling) but it's always on chrome(since chrome always loads the BB formatting buttons)

[Image: 21482732.jpg]
[Image: 29237790.jpg]

In your newthread and newreply templates change the number of rows in the textarea tag to a lower number Smile
not rows
Scroll down to the editor that has a narrow
newthread or newreply
Sample:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>

cols="70" Increase
I actually did those, I made the columns bigger and it did become big, but it did not solve the overflowing problem. I tried decreasing the col and it became smaller but still overflowing.
I had that very same problem and found the answer on here. This worked perfect for me... Hope it does for you as well...It was a snap to do too a simple java edit,
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.html
(2010-08-08, 05:34 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I had that very same problem and found the answer on here. This worked perfect for me... Hope it does for you as well...It was a snap to do too a simple java edit,
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75337.html

Thank you so much for this. It did fix the problem!
(2010-08-07, 09:08 PM)SeNCeR Wrote: [ -> ]not rows
newthread or newreply
Sample:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>

cols="70" Increase

Rows make the textbox go down. Cols make it go across that wouldn't solve the problem....
(2010-08-07, 09:08 PM)SeNCeR Wrote: [ -> ]not rows
newthread or newreply
Sample:

cols="70" Increase

Have you forgotten what a row and a column is?