MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with special characters at Forum Description
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am trying to include a forum description in one of the forums which contains special symbols (i.e. like acute vowels: á, ç, etc.), existant in my language. MyBB is currently truncating the description up to the last character before the first special symbol. How can I fix this?
(2010-08-07, 08:10 PM)Lithany Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am trying to include a forum description in one of the forums which contains special symbols (i.e. like acute vowels: á, ç, etc.), existant in my language. MyBB is currently truncating the description up to the last character before the first special symbol. How can I fix this?

What is character set for your database coallition?

Can you post here the characters that you want to add and the characters that MyBB replaces them with? That can be fixed with running a query at phpmyadmin.
It's latin1. You think it could be the problem? It has been a while since I managed DBs directly. The MyBB actually truncates the string, removing everything after the character.
On a side note this is happening for everything submitted to the forum, including messages.
Even another update, tried changing every database to utf8 but it didnt help.