MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Few problems...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am converting from phpbb 3.0.7 PL-1 to MyBB 1.6. Everything converted okay. We go onto the MyBB forum and everything seems okay. A few pictures are broken and minor things like that. Okay here are our problems.

SOLVED: 1. An admin could not login, even with loginconvert.php activated. (this is by far the biggest problem)

When he tried to log in he got:
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='(username)' LIMIT 1
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

I went into the ACP (because i was still logged in) and went to check that the loginconvert.php plugin was activated. It was and i thought maybe it didn't activate correctly so i deactivated it with the intent to reactivate it. I then got "This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1600" from it. I am very confused as i do have the correct merge system file, as i just downloaded it about 2 hours ago.

2. All attachments are "orphaned" with "Attached file missing" as the reason.

The only part of the merge I did have a problem with is the attachments part. I originally did http://sitename.com/forum/files/ for the phpbb part. It screamed at me saying it could not find them, so i put the FTP link instead "/home/sitename/public_html/forum/files", and it worked. Another interesting thing, is in the MyBB ACP it says there are: 353 Attachments, 0 Unapproved, 510.98 MB Used. So i looked in the ./uploads/ directory, but there were no files except the avatars directory and the index.html file. If I downloaded the files from phpbb3 and then uploaded them to the ./uploads directory if they would work? If so then that is fine.
Tip: Delete .htaccess file in phpbb's files directory.

What would that do after i have converted the forum? Huh
jmix:

The first issue I'm not sure on at this point. And I'm too tired to safely diagnose.

However, on the issue of the attachment files... you cannot just upload them. I'm hoping you are only at the testing phase to make sure everything works, and haven't opened the new board to your public. If you have you won't be able to fix the attachments without a lot of manual file work.

If you can redo the conversion, you can correct the bug in the attachments and bring them over. More on this tomorrow.
Replace the loginconvert plugin file with this - [attachment=19205]
(2010-08-08, 04:07 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]jmix:

The first issue I'm not sure on at this point. And I'm too tired to safely diagnose.

However, on the issue of the attachment files... you cannot just upload them. I'm hoping you are only at the testing phase to make sure everything works, and haven't opened the new board to your public. If you have you won't be able to fix the attachments without a lot of manual file work.

If you can redo the conversion, you can correct the bug in the attachments and bring them over. More on this tomorrow.

Thank you for letting me know about that! I have 500 mbs of attachments so i didn't want to have to wait for them to download and then upload again. :p No this is not open to the public, we were just testing it to make sure it would work! I can definitely re-convert the board. Can't wait to find out how to fix the attachment bug!

(2010-08-08, 04:09 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Replace the loginconvert plugin file with this -

Thank you for the file as it fixed our problem! Big Grin
Something i forgot to add about the attachments:

Our attachments base is ZIP and RAR files. They do download. But they always turn out empty. I don't know if this is a clue or not but it is definitely weird.