MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.6.0- how can I delete it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to 1.6.0 and I have one mod (myplaza) that was incompatible, but I don't use it much and didn't mind upgrading even if it meant it didn't work afterwards. Problem is, I didn't realize it wouldn't let me delete it in the admin cp afterwards, instead just giving me the text "This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.6.0." How can I delete it?

(just deleting the files doesn't work because I get errors about missing files afterwards since the plugin was active on 1.4)
Maybe try changing the compatibility in the plugin file from 1.4 to 1.6 the re-upload the files , then try to uninstall it
How do I change the compatibility?
You're supposed to deactivate plugins before the upgrade...

Edit the file in ./inc/plugins/, change the compatibility from 14* to 16*
(2010-08-07, 11:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You're supposed to deactivate plugins before the upgrade...

Lesson learned. Thanks for the help- I got it Smile
(2010-08-07, 11:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You're supposed to deactivate plugins before the upgrade...

might want to put that in the upgrade instructions that comes with the file then...it's not listed there.
(2010-08-08, 02:30 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]

might want to put that in the upgrade instructions that comes with the file then...it's not listed there.

correct... Smile
Not sure what 'file' was even being referred to here...