MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wish I hadnt upgraded!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As much as I like mybb, I gotta tell you I have had nothing but issues with 1.6. Frankly I don't believe it was ready for release, to me Ive seen nothing special with the upgrade. I truly wish I had waited 6 months! What I have noticed is the unbelievable amount of spam I'm suddenly receiving, on the average of about 100 bogus accounts a day for the last three days. Prior to 1.6 I was getting maybe 4-5.

We are trying to switch back to the last version release and let me tell you it sure isn't easy doing that either.

Link?

Other than spam what problems have you had?

I found the upgrade quick and simple. Smile
1.6 killed all my plugins from the previous version. now in plugins section I get blank pages.

* Plugin Updates
* Browse Plugins

Also seems to have lost images from members attachments

No biggy I suppose, just a ton of work to get everything back before the upgrade. I learned a huge lesson from this upgrade and the next time I will really wait 6 months and not be so anxious to have the latest greatest release.
A tip on downgrading.

Use the MyBB merge system.

1. Install new MyBB 1.4.14 forum
2. Install the merge system
3. Import/Merge the 1.6 DB as the source into the new MyBB 1.4.14.
4. Do not import settings. I find it a hassle.
5. Reinstall your theme/templates/plugins.

And for the reasons you've stated I'll be waiting for 1.6.2 for most of my upgrades. My sites are too important to be dealing with bugs which are bound to happen with any new major release.
Why did you not back up first? We did not feel accustomed to 1.6 after upgrade, so quickly downgraded again, with no problems because we backed up correctly.
Everyone else seemed to upgrade fine.
I backed everything up including the database. But, switching back could be because I wasn't doing it like labrocca mentioned above.

Its not that it isnt functional really. Its the lack of features really compared to a board full of mods.
My upgrade went smoothly. I reviewed my plugins and removed the ones I thought may make the upgrade problematic, then I ran the upgrade, and checked my templates, and changed all the remaining plug-ins to be compatible with 1.6.
(2010-08-08, 01:01 AM)Torengo Wrote: [ -> ]My upgrade went smoothly. I reviewed my plugins and removed the ones I thought may make the upgrade problematic, then I ran the upgrade, and checked my templates, and changed all the remaining plug-ins to be compatible with 1.6.

Ditto, I've not had any problems making plugins work with 1.6
I have barely had any problems, and all problems I had were easily solvable.
Pages: 1 2 3